Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, I did it, but never again...I raced last night..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I did it, but never again...I raced last night..

My wife and I were on our way home from our softball game last night and this guy and his buddies in a Dakota R/T were revving at me at this one light. I didn't bite that time, but the next light my wife was like, "Get on it!" So I did......we ran from about 10mph to about 60 or so. I just waited till I was red-lined in 2nd gear, then shut it down. When I did, he was just behind my rear bumper. Felt good to beat a V8, even if it was a truck. LOL But...never again.....I started getting those "what if's" goin in my brain afterwards and was just like.."that was stupid!" So, with it out of my system for now, no more races for me till I get my Z-28 and take it to the track. I was surprised, though. I thought those R/T's were faster than that. Maybe I got a little bit of a jump on him since we were rolling?? I dunno...

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

shame on you! You know better!

One for the 6's...good kill.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

tsk tsk tsk...you should be asham.....

those dakotas are only fast in drinking gasoline...
      95 Z28, A4, 3.23's and some other stuff....

Comment

I know, I know. I'm a bad person. He did a ricer fly-by too. It was funny. Oh well, I guess he didn't realize he was driving a truck.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

what if's racing up to 60? Man you can't think like that. I only race to 60 in 45 MPH zones. I won't go any faster, it isn't worth it, IMO. But as long as you keep it around 60 or less you have nothing to really worry about. I mean, I cruise at 50-55 in those zones anyway. Most traffic does around here.
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

It's nice to see a V6 F-body put a Dodge in it's place. I don't know if it's just around here, but I swear... it seems that most V8 truck owners think they have similar performance numbers to an 8 cylinder car.

One of my best friends has a full size 4x4 Chevy truck, and he tries to race everyone who he thinks is even remotely interested in racing, which in his mind is anyone next to him at any given time. He's even pulled that crap with me.

I'm glad to hear that a V6 put an 8 in check. Nice job.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Street racer

Nobody street races anymore do they??? Had a 93 3.4 v-6 before my 95 Z. Had only 2 street races with it, one a 68-72 Nova V-8 who beat be by about a fender, and some girls in a Mercedes who I was able to get ahead of slightly. The 3.4 ran 10.9 @ 64 mph, which will not scare any but the truly wimpy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Vince
                The 3.4 ran 10.9 @ 64 mph, which will not scare any but the truly wimpy.
                A 10.9 would scare me...but I don't think the 64 mph trap would have me shakin' in my boots....that is unless it was so incredibally fast that you actually had to hit your brakes and deploy your chutes before the race had ended to slow down to 64 as you pass the finish, and still managed to pull a 10 second run

I'm just messin' with your typo
                black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Originally posted by 95TransAm
                  A 10.9 would scare me...but I don't think the 64 mph trap would have me shakin' in my boots....that is unless it was so incredibally fast that you actually had to hit your brakes and deploy your chutes before the race had ended to slow down to 64 as you pass the finish, and still managed to pull a 10 second run

I'm just messin' with your typo

I think he meant in the 1/8th
                  Dave M
                  Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

My friend has a dakota R/T

1/4 mile: 14.5 @95 mph before the open element filter and computer. I'd say thats not bad for a truck. Were you racing a extended cab, because they are considerably slower then the regular cabs. Now my friend keeps up with LT1's but they still take him by about half a length.
                    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Yeah, it was an extended cab. He had a buddy in the front and one in the back too, so he had some added weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
                        I think he meant in the 1/8th
                        HAAHAHA....your probably right....didn't even think of that one.

Man I feel like an idiot
                        black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
                        X