new rotors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new rotors

got some drilled and slotted rotors,....... but how the hell do you get the old ones off???? i dont see anything to loosen or nothin.
    thanks
    chris
    1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Look for some push nuts on one or 2 of the wheel studs. You'll have to break them off. Other than that, the rotors should pop off with a rap from a mallet.

Comment

i looked for them, not there, hit the rotor, still there. maybe i have to hit it harder.......
      1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

when I did mine a few years back (GT Rotors) I think I just pulled the calpers back...smacked the edges of the rotors and they came right off.
        97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
        In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

You'll just need to get a larger "persuader"
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

BFH and a 2x4
            1995 Z28 Convertible, 350ci LT1 73K miles M6.
            Dyno results: 301.5 RWHP 326.7 RWTQ
            Performance Mods 4.10 gears, AS&M CAI, MADZ28 tune, Borla catback, RK Sport mid-length headers, LT4 valve springs, CC pro mag 1.6 RR's, LT4 KM, MSD OVC wires, TB bypass, 160 t-stat, SLP clutch plate w/Kevlar dual friction disk, 52MM TB, TB air foil, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, ASP UD pulley, LS1 brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads, LCA's and PHB.

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
              You'll just need to get a larger "persuader"
              I like how you think.

I love trying to get something off, getting frustrated, and then finally just "persuading" it to come off....gets alot of my aggression out.
              black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

yeh, got real mad, hit it real hard, then i was happy, just finished up the job.

funny thing is that i accidently put the rear one on the front, and i was lookin at it and wonderin, why the stock one was so much thicker?

haha, anger makes me stupid.
                1996 Trans Am WS6

Comment

Working...
                X