Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racing stories thread (Wins, losses, everything!!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing stories thread (Wins, losses, everything!!)

Hey folks, I'm sure this has been done 1000 times before, but I'm a newbie and I'm sure everyone has new stories, so let's get it on!

I want to hear everyone's racing stories from this summer. Impressive or improbable wins, unlikely losses, scary losses, etc. What wins were the most gratifying? Which losses were the most disappointing?

I for one am curious about how it feels to lose. I have had my car for 1.5 years and have lost once to my friend with a 01 Cobra, whom I knew would beat me. I beat him in a rematch right after. Other then that, I have never lined up against someone, baited them and lost. Nobody has ever punked me like that either. My list of kills includes Mustang GTs, LX's, 5.0's, BMW 540i, a healthy variety of other F-Bodies, etc.

Also, I'm sure a lot of you keep a "Kill List" of your own, so post those too. Now we all have fast cars, so everyone should have a good story, so lets hear it!!
    1999 Camaro Z28
    Stock
    Light Pewter Metallic

(For sale soon)

Are these track kills or street kills.

Track racing you will get responses to.

Street racing you may find the posts are very few and far between,we use the track here!!!
    94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

hmmmmm, street or track I guess. Am I the only one who likes to smoke people at stoplights when the opportunity presents itself?
      1999 Camaro Z28
      Stock
      Light Pewter Metallic

(For sale soon)

Comment

I raced a tricked out Grand National the other day. I didnt run my best time, but it was the best race I've had in a while. This thing was pretty quick - 26 lbs of boost, big intercooler, alcohol injection etc.. ( I talked to him afterward).
        Anyways, my car SUCKS off the line, I cant seem to get any better than a 2.0 60'. So, the GN had 3 car lengths on me by the time I was out of 1st gear. He thought he spanked me. I hit the juice in second and ran him down by the end of the track. His time - 12.500 @ 108mph My time - 12.503 @ 118mph. He did beat me, but it was soooo close at the traps - fun stuff.
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Im not big on street stuff either, but a ricer got to me today. I was on the highway cruisin at like 70 and he got next to me and gave the normal ricer look and then we cought up to a car so he had to slow down and i guess didnt like that to much, so he got right on my a$$. I waited till the straightaway came, downshifted to fourth and was doing 100 before he could realize what just happened. I stopped there and went back to 70 and he stayed away.
          -ken-
          ~~~The Twisted One~~~

My 30th is gone but soon a new era will begin.

Comment

Working...
          X