Wont go into gear after warming up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wont go into gear after warming up

agian . the trans . I changed out the vavle body on my 94 z 28 4l60e trans and did the wiring harness right . II went to start it and let it warm up ., Went to pull it out of the garage and it would not go into any gears .
    I have the correct fluid and amount in there i have everything tight on the valve body . It worked when i was cold but not hot . What would cause this ..... The trans pump ?

Originally posted by CamaromanZ28
    agian . the trans . I changed out the vavle body on my 94 z 28 4l60e trans and did the wiring harness right . II went to start it and let it warm up ., Went to pull it out of the garage and it would not go into any gears .
    I have the correct fluid and amount in there i have everything tight on the valve body . It worked when i was cold but not hot . What would cause this ..... The trans pump ?

its kharma. because you didn't buy my transmission like you said you would

Comment

Ya right

Its not karma .. And i would of got u'r tranny if i had a way t o get there .

Comment

Sounds like the check balls aren't in the correct position. Dude, a tranny shop would be your best bet right now.
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

I made sure they were . U are talking about the beaing balls .Behind tha vavle plate ?
          Those would be my guesses to
          besides the chekc balls

Comment

Yes, the big bearing balls. I'd make sure. We had a similar problem in the GN and it turned out the check ball wasn't where it was supposed to be, regardless of the fact we put them in where we were supposed to.
            Steve
            79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
            87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
            93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
            http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
              Dude, a tranny shop would be your best bet right now.
              This is why transmission teardowns aren't included in a Haynes manual. You have an internal problem that I doubt anyone can solve via remote without a hands on teardown. I'll give you credit... you're persistant. Then again, so was Saddam. Get it to a trans shop before you do more damage to whatever parts are good.

Comment

Working...
              X