Subthump Milhouse Box

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subthump Milhouse Box

I just got the box with a JL Audio 12W3 v2 woofer. Sounds awesome. But, I would llike to know if there is a better way to secure it when the t-tops were in the holders. I asked Steve (who has been very helpful so far), but this time he just told me to drive like a normal person when the box is in that position. What do other Milhouse users do? Thanks.

Originally posted by Jeffs Black 97 Formula A4
    I just got the box with a JL Audio 12W3 v2 woofer. Sounds awesome. But, I would llike to know if there is a better way to secure it when the t-tops were in the holders. I asked Steve (who has been very helpful so far), but this time he just told me to drive like a normal person when the box is in that position. What do other Milhouse users do? Thanks.
    dern.. didnt know what this post was, thought it was about some rare disease female rabbits get r summin...............

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I'm going to assume that this is the box that goes in the cubbyhole on the driver's side. What the previous owner of my car did was take flat piece of metal and attached it to the box and to the floor. The piece of metal is attached to the bottom of the box, then he slit the carpet so he could fold it up, and screwed the metal plate to the metal underneath (of course, make sure you have clearance underneath, which shouldn't be a problem). Fold the carpet back down, and it's stable.

Another option is to take the side panel off the back of the car and attach a piece of cheese strap to the side of the box and to something in that side of the car other than the fenderwell. It'll hold it in place, but not as well as the bottom bracket would.
      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

No it's not a stealthbox. Check out this link.

http://www.subthump.com/acamaromilhouse.htm

Comment

Those are sweet, maybe some sort of latch that goes on the body of the car behind the back seats that swivels out when you flip the box over to hold it down. That way you wont notice the latch when you have your T-tops on your car and the box down in the trunk.
          94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

Comment

Actually, I'm more worried about where the two ends attach to the plastic trim panels in the back. They seem to pop out to easily when flipping the box up to make room for the t-tops.

Comment

Man that looks cool, how does it sound, my current set up makes my spoiler and rear windshield rattle and kinda sounds like crap when I crank it
              Beau

97 Red Firebird 3.8L stock (for sale) & Now a 97 Firehawk

Comment

Sounds awesome. I went from a 10" Bazooka and am totally blown away with the sounds of this box. As I said before, I'm using a JL Audio 12w3 v2 (12" Subwoofer) powered by a Kenwood KAC-8101D subwoofer amp (400x1 at 2-ohms). What do you currently have?

I'm just trying to solve the problem with the box's tendency to slip out of the ends where it connects to the plastic trim pieces in the trunk. I don't like the idea of the possibility of the box slamming into my t-tops during a hard launch (since that would be the only time I flip the box up). I think wire ties may do the trick unless others can suggest something else to secure the two ends of the box to the plastic trim pieces.

Comment

This just came to me. What if you used like a door hinge, attached one part of the hinge to the back of the seat (where it would be hidden when the seat was in the upright and locked position) and the other part you could flip out when needed and attach to the ends of the box? I just honestly cannot think of any easy way to fix your problem, because regardless of what you do to those little pins in the plastic, they are not gonna hold. Either the pins will break, the plastic side panels will pop off the clips that hold them in, or they will break the holes out of the panels themselves. You're going to have to come up with a way to make a temporary bracket at the seat area to hold the weight, and hinges is all I can think of as a way to make them invisible when they're not used.

BTW, what kind of hard launching are you doing with the tops out? I thought NHRA and IHRA required the tops to be in on a t-top and targa top car? I know the tracks down here require it. And we know that nobody on this board street races
                  "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Wow, I'm trying to visualize how this can be done. I know there has to be a solution to my problem that works since I don't think there are many others that would accept driving like a normal person as a solution. These are muscle cars, and are intended to be driven hard.

Comment

Working...
                    X