Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o2 sensors

hey guys ...

My check engine light has come on and staid on for some time. The guys that have my car are trying to figure out what it might be and they are saying that one possible answer is/are the O2 sensors. Are they difficult to install and usually how much do they run???

Thanks ....
    97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
    In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Originally posted by soCalTA
    hey guys ...

My check engine light has come on and staid on for some time. The guys that have my car are trying to figure out what it might be and they are saying that one possible answer is/are the O2 sensors. Are they difficult to install and usually how much do they run???

Thanks ....
    It could be dozens of things and frankly it's probably not the O2 sensors but nobody can tell you anything with you doing 2 things.

1. Is you have to say what you are talking about. State make, model, year, engine, any mods, etc.

2. Anything anyone tells you is strictly a guess. You are going to have to get it scanned if you don't want to throw a bunch of money at it in hopes of finding what is wrong.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

lt1 TA ... how much for o2 sensors and are they difficult to do?
      97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF

Comment

Originally posted by soCalTA
        lt1 TA ... how much for o2 sensors and are they difficult to do?
        That's still not enough information. Not all LT1 O2s are the same.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

SoCal:
          You're probably aware that "infamous" yellow light means DTCs. Go get them to perform a right diagnosis. You will want a complete engine parameters recorded in order to scan all sensors and to establish a logical secuence of failures (could be the injectors, spark plugs, cables, exhaust leaks, vacuum leaks, bad fuel pump)...ask for it.
          Check this link please
          http://store.getgmparts.com/

ES 10006 are the front sensors

Take care
          Dochidalgo
          97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Comment

Hey Doc ....

Thank you for the response. That is what they are doing .. running through the scan codes and trying to figure out what is triggering the problem. I just wanted to get ahead of them to see how much the sensors might run in case one of the problems was in fact the O2 sensors. The link you gave me the info I needed.

thanks ....

Comment

You're welcome.... hope you find the problem soon.
              I'm in the middle of an engine problem too, so, I understand your position...

Dochidalgo
              97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Comment

Working...
              X