Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for new underwear!!!

EEEEKKKKKKKEE !!!!!!!
    94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

HOLY ****!!!!!! That would get your heart goin That without a doubt could have been a lot worse. Can anyone say wheelie bars
    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

WOW

Luck

If that was my car, It would have rolled about thirty times and exploded into a million pieces...
      Greg W. in West Michigan
      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
      <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by carguy100200
        Luck

If that was my car, It would have rolled about thirty times and exploded into a million pieces...
        More like skill, wet it rains am afraid to drive it.

1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
        "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

Originally posted by alenstein
          More like skill, wet it rains am afraid to drive it.

That was no skill, that was actually some pretty bad driving. When will these idiots learn to use wheelie bars. BTW when you run over timing boxes like that, most tracks frown very heavily on that and they don't ever forget it either.

Comment

his driving suked...

if he could have controlled that traction he would have won that race no problem... then at the end... wtf?

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

There are classes in racing where you cannot run wheelie bars, and his car is probably setup for that particular class. His biggest mistake was not letting out when it started getting too high in the first place. But, since he let it get that high, he did an amazing job of keeping it off the wall. If you watch, his left side rear tire went off the track, and he had to put a lot of steering input to the right to keep it off the wall. That made him start to lose it, but his actions after that kept him from hitting the other car and kept him from hitting the wall. BTW, the boxes in the middle of the track are nothing but reflectors. As a matter of fact, the only reason there is a box is so you will know where the reflectors are so you can know where the finish line is. They don't cost much, and any track that doesn't keep two or three sets available at all times is just asking for trouble. It takes a whole 2 minutes to put a new box up; they're not even bolted down, so even strong winds can knock them out of alignment.

This guy and everybody else needs to learn something, the golden rule of drag racing... Save your a**, not the pass.
              "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Drag Racing 101

First of all there is no such thing as "reflectors" in drag racing. I guess maybe the ones on a pit scooter. The speed clocks and timing timing clocks use a light to photocell switching mechanism. Yes, the tracks have additional speed and timing clock hardware, but they do not take 2 minutes to replace. Trust me I've seen many Pro's run them over. It delays racing for a little while.

The entire point OF drag racing IS to "save the pass". That is why the guy who finishes first wins. You don't be a pansy and worry about getting a few bumps and bruises, you try to win at all costs. However, you must be wise enough to know when the time has expired to still make the pass salvagable.

That guy obviously had very little behind the seat time.

Comment

skill or no skill, that's one hellva ride.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                  Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                  B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                  Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                  Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Actually, I thought the other guy did a good job of staying focused and getting out of the way. If would have lifted, or been paying attention to the other car instead of his own run, he woulda been toast. I've seen a lot of things go wrong at a track, and that is one heck of a way to get blacklisted. He either doesn't know his car, or doesn't know enough to go easy till you do. This 'Stab it and ride' theory is gonna get somebody killed.

-Paul

WickedLT1's Home on the Web - Wicked Pictures
                    95 - Trans Am - LT1 - 6Speed
                    Car Status: Hmm, winter projects coming up...

Comment

Reflectors

Those orange or red squares at the 60' 330' 660' 1320' and speed traps are reflectors or mirrors which catch a light beam, and pass it back to the photocell on the same side of the track. There are Beams & photocells on both sides of the track to individually time both sides. These timing markers are made of soft material so as not to damage the cars too badly when they hit them. They do take some time to align, as the beam has to be adjusted to strike the photocell.

Comment

Thank you Dave, those ARE reflectors in the middle of the track. No track is going to stick high dollar equipment out in the middle of the "road" and open to damage.

At my home track, they can replace the box in 2-3 minutes. There are lines painted on the track, they place the box in the square, and then fine tune it so they reflect back to the photocells. My track is prepared for these incidents, because we repetitively have some stupid fast cars out there, and we run what we call "Real Street", which is cars just like you saw lose it. They had one fall from a wheelie on the cement wall last year rolling about 7 times, so now they allow wheelie bars. However, most people don't run them because the other real street and limited street tracks don't allow them.

Anybody who thinks that saving the pass is more important than saving your car is not somebody I want to be on the track with. Those kinds of people cause other people to get hurt. If your car is out of control (which a wheelie that you cannot see the ground on is classified as out of control), then you need to lift. No purse, championship, or race you've bet on is worth risking your life or equipment or the life or equipment of the other person you are racing. Motors blow, stuff breaks, and accidents happen, but idiotic racing styles are intolerable.

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
                          Thank you Dave, those ARE reflectors in the middle of the track. No track is going to stick high dollar equipment out in the middle of the "road" and open to damage.

At my home track, they can replace the box in 2-3 minutes. There are lines painted on the track, they place the box in the square, and then fine tune it so they reflect back to the photocells. My track is prepared for these incidents, because we repetitively have some stupid fast cars out there, and we run what we call "Real Street", which is cars just like you saw lose it. They had one fall from a wheelie on the cement wall last year rolling about 7 times, so now they allow wheelie bars. However, most people don't run them because the other real street and limited street tracks don't allow them.

Anybody who thinks that saving the pass is more important than saving your car is not somebody I want to be on the track with. Those kinds of people cause other people to get hurt. If your car is out of control (which a wheelie that you cannot see the ground on is classified as out of control), then you need to lift. No purse, championship, or race you've bet on is worth risking your life or equipment or the life or equipment of the other person you are racing. Motors blow, stuff breaks, and accidents happen, but idiotic racing styles are intolerable.
                          I guess the saying holds true as always. Ignorance is bliss.

Comment

im going back to the driving issue he held it till he started to get it undercontroll it looks like he never let up on the gas mabe a lil braking woulda saved it alot of overstearing going on tho
                            ::edit::
                            he turned late before he lost it if you go back when hes making one of the last turns to the left he didnt turn it around quick enough to save it
                            your racing 16 year old Camaro Berlinetta Digital Camaro 202 heads 4 barrel and soon to be headers with 4 inch running back

Comment

Kevin, "ignorance is bliss" is a rather asinine thing to say to somebody who is in his 10th year of going to the strip, is a former class champion, and has a record of most consecutive races won at that track. I ought to know how long it takes to replace reflectors since I've seen it about 20 times.

Comment

Working...
                              X