Strange Noise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Noise

I keep hearing a strange noise coming from the back of my car. It sounds like a vibration i'm thinking possibly a loose exhaust bracket but i'm not sure and with football season just starting 9hr a day practices take up most of my day and I haven't had much time to try to diagnose the problem. Any input would help.

Also I raced my friend in his 95 T\A and beat him. He said it was because the formulas have less weight I think its just cause I seem to take better care of my vechicle. Does anyone know the stats and are able to tell me which one should be faster?
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Would the sound possibly be the fuel pump? They tend to make a loud buzzing sound, but it's normal.

There weren't any real performance changes from 94-95. Most likely it's the driver making the difference, but every car that comes from the factory does vary....sometimes by a fair amount.
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

No, I know what the fuel pump hum sounds like and the noise i'm hearing is more of a rattle than a hum.
      1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

the only thing i could think of is loose suspension bushings, u joints,and like the previous loose exhaust hangers, and possibly rear shocks
        Brian Diehl,USAF

1995 Z-28 Polo Green with chrome ZO6 rims K&N and Flowmaster

Comment

strange noise

On my 97 z28 the exhaust bracket was loose and was causing the y-pipe to rattle, mine rattled when i downshifted. I fixed the problem by tightening the exhaust bracket that holds the y-pipe

Comment

wide open......could be a loose spare, shock not properly tightened.........you need to systematically check everything out.....as much as I love 'em, f-bods are rattle/creak mongers
            DWS
            Silver M6 '95 Formula-sold to MCKNBRD

Zaino all the way!!

'03 Z06....Donaldson Blackwing, CAGS, '04 Z06 shocks, ceramic pads

Comment

Mine was the spare tire clamp.
              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

its an f-body...... they rattle
                96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
                X