morgan motor sports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• morgan motor sports

Has anyone ever heard of morgan motors sports? Someone told me that they did a nasty Comp T/A. And it ran like 10's or something like that. Just wondering.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
    2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

They did a lot of LT1 cars back in the mid-, late-90's. Haven't heard of them lately. The cars were pretty quick, but as I vaguely recall, the MMS dyno sheets always seemed to overstate the actual HP, at least based on track performance. I don't think any of their cars ran with the "fastest F-body" crowd back then. The top cars were from Madman Racing, Agostino (boy, has their reputation cratered) and Second Street Speed.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Yeah I heard of Agostino. They have alot of ls1's running over 400cubes dont they.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current

Comment

Yes, Agostino (ARE) has built some high HP LT1 and LS1 cars. But they are surrounded by controversy, including a lot of claims of engines shipped with used parts, heads that came nowhere near what they were supposed to flow, parts charged but not delivered, and eventually a bankruptcy and relocation of the shop. I think ownership also went back and forth a couple times. How much satisfaction you got seemed to be related to whether you were from Canada (as is ARE) or the U.S.

Do a "search" on:

http://web.camaross.com/forums/

http://www.fbody.com/

I have never done business with them. I'm just basing it on some pretty horrible threads claiming deception and dishonesty. Of course there are two sides to every story.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

You fot that right. Thanks

current

Comment

MMS is/was based out of here (SoCal). They did an LT1 back in the 90's I think that was really fast. I think the guy that had the car moved back east. I think it was a silver TA that made some pretty good numbers. From what I have been able to gather he is focused on providing custom programming pretty much 100% but the shop is being run by someone else. I don't remember if I found it just running a search on Yahoo .. or z28 or LS1 board. They did some early work on my car (headers, 1.6 rr).
            97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
            In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

The guy with the silver T/A ended up here in NJ.... I'm trying to remember his name, because I actually met him. He basically had the entire car redone by Cartek in Garwood, NJ right after he brought it here. And just as he started testing the car, he got transferred again, this time to a foreign location, and sold the car. The other thing I remember was that he worked for Maidenform, making women's undergarments, and they sent him to some 3rd world country where they had a manufacturing facility.
              Fred

Comment

Fred .... for some reason .Abe or Gabe or something like that name comes to mind. I think Ken knows who the guy is.
                97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
                In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

Working...
                X