Just say no to swirls!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just say no to swirls!

…on my paint that is. After many hours of buffing with a high speed buffer. (On low speed) I finally got rid of my swirls that where plaguing my paint. I never polished at all last year, just washed it occasionally. I used the following procedure for polishing them up before I put on Zaino show car polish.

I word of caution though for those of you have not used a buffer. Be careful and don’t stop in one spot for too long and don’t go too fast. Don’t use Meguiar’s #1 ‘medium cut cleaner’ cut #7 unless you have scratches as this is like a rubbing compound. Use a foam pad as it will do less damage if not used correctly compared to a wool bonnet.

Wash by hand thoroughly with dish washing soap.

Use Clay bar finish kneading after rubbing a section at a time.
    (I used at least two bars as I got a lot of dirt embedded in my paint)

Wash thoroughly to remove residue and soap.

Read the directions carefully. Some of these cleaners you can use by hand. Some you need a buffer.

If you don’t have scratches skip this step.
    If you have scratches start with Meguiar’s #1 ‘medium cut cleaner’ cut #7 with a wool bonnet. Apply as many layers as needed to get uniform finish. Clean polish residue thoroughly using a 100% cotton cloth to wipe away hazed polish.

Change wool bonnet and go to Meguiar’s #2 ‘Fine cut cleaner’ cut #5
    This has diminishing abrasives.
    Apply as many layers as needed to get uniform finish.
    Clean polish residue thoroughly using a 100% cotton cloth to wipe away hazed polish.

Change to a foam pad and go to Meguiar’s #9 ‘Swirl remover 2.0’ cut #3
    Clean polish residue thoroughly using a 100% cotton cloth to wipe away hazed polish.

Change to a clean foam pad and go to Meguiar’s #3 ‘Machine glaze’ cut #1

Wash cleaners off thoroughly before applying Zaino.

Apply Zaino Z-1. Let haze.
    Apply Zaino Z-5 or Z-1 Let haze.
    Use a 100% cotton cloth to wipe away hazed polish.
    Layer for desired effect.

Spray Z-6 or Z-8 to seal polish for desired effect.

Before I put on Zaino my car looked liked it was already polished!

Yes it’s a lot of work but it pays off big time in the perfect shine before you apply Zaino.

I know Zaino is suppsed to come out with a cleaner but don't know how extensive it is compared to Meguir's assorted cleaners.
    Just thought I'd share.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam
Working...
X