Stupid Question, Again.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Question, Again.

Well I'm not going to be able to afford a trans am due to the insurence, and i hate the way firebirds look, is there away to get a v6 camaro as fast as a trans am or a z28. without replacing the whole motor

It can be done, but it would be so expensive that you would be better off just buying a V-8 car. You would need at least a supercharger, which would run you about $3500, full exhaust and headers..about $2000, probably some other bolt-ons, you would need to re-program you puter and beef up some of the engine to take the extra HP, beef up the tranny, etc etc. I have considered doing some of this stuff with mine, but in the end I always come to the conclusion that I just need to save my pennies and some day trade in my 6 for an 8. Anyways, it is all up to you. It just depends on how much you want to spend. Also keep in mind that even with all this stuff, you will most likely just be keeping up with stock V-8 cars. Those stock V-8's will have alot more potential when your 6 is maxed out. I love my car, but I still want an LS-1! Good luck!

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Sieg
      Well I'm not going to be able to afford a trans am due to the insurence, and i hate the way firebirds look, is there away to get a v6 camaro as fast as a trans am or a z28. without replacing the whole motor
      no. and if you even came close.... it would last for a couple of trips down the strip then it would be time to rebuild.

look...is fast that important? realy.. you have your whole life ahead of you. take pride in your car, being "fast" is not everything, trust me. Make your car personal and keep it looking its finest. When you get the bucks... then get "more motor".......

take it from somebody thats been into muscle cars since 1967..... you will never get ahead of the Joneses.... there's always faster cars.. and just when you think you built up your present car to HP magnum..the factory comes out with something will toast it. thats not the whole scene man. unique and personal is the scene.

ride on.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

alright thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
        X