Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nfb: f body tragedy (RIR..come in here please)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfb: f body tragedy (RIR..come in here please)

Terrible thing happend over the weekend. Im not going to give names, as the family needs privacy.

a good friend of mine, whom ive never met in person, shot himself sat. he and his wife were going thru a seperation... he wanted to patch things up, she wasnt ready. they both have Firehawks... a super couple.

she's devastated, as can be understood. the main thing is making her realize its not her fault, which it isnt.

RIR, email me privately my friend, you know these folks.......

None of comprehend what causes a person to take thier own life. But I for one,
    can not understand how anyone could. nothing........absolutely nothing, warrants that........

it happens with too much alcohol, drugs, and things that bring your mental awareness and stability down. if anyone finds themself considering suicide, they should reframe from heavy drinking , or anything that might make them "cross the border line" in reality.

when this happens, many lives are scared for life... its a cowards way out, and it leaves the ones they loved in a different sky for the rest of thier days. if you care that much.....you hang in there.....

sorry for the rant.

regards

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Originally posted by wolfman
    "a good friend of mine, whom ive never met in person"
    Funny how that is on this board. A lot of ya'll (southern slang word I love) I consider my good friends. Funny even the ones I've had heated discussions with (one of whom I still owe a steak dinner if he ever comes down here from the frozen tundra). I think we all feel a little hurt when something bad effects someone on the board.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
      Funny how that is on this board. A lot of ya'll (southern slang word I love) I consider my good friends. Funny even the ones I've had heated discussions with (one of whom I still owe a steak dinner if he ever comes down here from the frozen tundra). I think we all feel a little hurt when something bad effects someone on the board.
      It IS amazing how much this forum can draw people together. When I was gone for that month a while back, I can honestly say I missed everyone here. A loved one commiting suicide is a gut wrenching thing to go through. My heart and prayers goes out to this family.

Comment

I feel for the wife, she's going to be carrying around a lot of guilt. I hope she gets the support she needs. Suicide is not only caused by alcohol and drugs, but most victims of suicide often suffer from some form of mental illness that makes them see suicide as the only way out of their problems. It is, in the end, a very selfish thing to do, as you're only tranferring your problems to all the survivors left behind, as this poor woman is now finding out. My thoughts go out to all the family.
        Dave M
        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

the wife, like Dave said, is gonna need the most support. No matter what people say, deep down the guilt will be there. All she'll think about are the shoulda, coulda, woulda...

wow, my prayers out to the family and you Ken.

On a brighter note - everyone here is right behind ya.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

thanks yall. dont worry about me, im with yall...she is going to need a lot of support and understanding over the next few years....

awful.

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

I can't imagine what that woman is going through. My thoughts go out to her and the family and friends. Years ago, a good family friend took his life by hanging himself. He had two young boys who were my age at the time, which was about 8. She walked in to find him hanging in the garage.

We've all had our share of big problems, and I realize some people have bigger problems than others, but taking your life is never an option. Taking one life affects numerous others.
              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Kerm,
                email sent to ya at work
                Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                pics and info

Comment

Very sad to hear. My prayers go out to his wife and family. I hope she has some people she can lean on for the next couple of months or so. She needs to know that this is not her fault. Keep the prayers headed her way, guys, she'll need them.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

They say that suicides are people who have lost all hope. Once they've gotten to that point, there's not really anything you can do about it. One of my mom's friends lost her husband that way. They weren't having any family problems, but his job and their money situation was not looking good. He shot himself in his pickup in the front yard while they were all still asleep. His neighbor saw him do it. One of my friends went through it too. He lost his dad that way, but, come to find out later, he had been diagnosed with some serious medical problems that would have been long term and painful so he decided to end his life before he got to that point.

I guess what I'm saying is that there's two ways to look at this. If it's a "things aren't going my way right now, I'm gonna kill myself" situation, then it's not right and leaves the family in a lot of pain. However, if it was a situation where you have to choose between a long painful death or a quick one, you have to think about what you'd do in that situation. For me, it's in God's hands, not my own, so I would never do that. But there are a lot of people out there that don't look at it the same way I do, and it's hard to go throwing stones at their decision without knowing all the facts.
                    "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
                      They say that suicides are people who have lost all hope. Once they've gotten to that point, there's not really anything you can do about it. One of my mom's friends lost her husband that way. They weren't having any family problems, but his job and their money situation was not looking good. He shot himself in his pickup in the front yard while they were all still asleep. His neighbor saw him do it. One of my friends went through it too. He lost his dad that way, but, come to find out later, he had been diagnosed with some serious medical problems that would have been long term and painful so he decided to end his life before he got to that point.

I guess what I'm saying is that there's two ways to look at this. If it's a "things aren't going my way right now, I'm gonna kill myself" situation, then it's not right and leaves the family in a lot of pain. However, if it was a situation where you have to choose between a long painful death or a quick one, you have to think about what you'd do in that situation. For me, it's in God's hands, not my own, so I would never do that. But there are a lot of people out there that don't look at it the same way I do, and it's hard to go throwing stones at their decision without knowing all the facts.

You see, we do have something in common. I completely agree.

Comment

M.A.S.H.

Through early morning fog I see visions of the things to be
                        The pains that are withheld for me I realize and I can see . . .
                        That suicide is painless it brings on many changes
                        And I can take or leave it if I please.

I try to find a way to make all our little joys relate
                        Without that ever-present hate but now I know that it’s too late,

and . . .That suicide is painless it brings on many changes

The game of life is hard to play. I’m gonna lose it anyway.

The losing card I’ll someday lay so this is all I have to say.

The only way to win is cheat and lay it down before I’m beat,

and to another give my seat for that’s the only painless feat.

The sword of time will pierce our skins it doesn’t hurt when it begins

But as it works its way on in the pain grows stronger . . . watch it grin, but . . .

A brave man once requested me to answer questions that are key
                        'Is it to be or not to be' and I replied 'oh why ask me?'
                        And you can do the same thing if you choose.

Compliments of http://www.cfhf.net/lyrics/mash.htm
                        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

that is no way to lose any1. its worse then a parent losing a kid in a crash. now everytime u look into her eyes ur gonna see emptyness most likely. they are never the same may god help her thru this diffcult time
                          2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA

You see, we do have something in common. I completely agree.
                            we agree to disagree.

this guy had plenty of life in front of him without her. granted, she's a wonderfull person, but he had it made too......

Comment

Thats terrible

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
                              2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Working...
                              X