Raced a modded 04 GTO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raced a modded 04 GTO

Ran him in my Omni at the track. He had a nice set of dynotech longtubes, cold air intake, and dyno tuned computer. It was pretty quick......I ran neck and neck with him to about the 1/8 mile mark and then he started to pull. My front bumper was a car length behind his rear bumper through the traps.....BOY was he surprised!

Both of us were spinning bad at the tree. He had a 2.3 60' and I had a 2.4 60' . He ran a 13.6 or 13.7? @ 106 and I ran a 14.2 @ 102....he has more money into his headers than I have in my whole car though!
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

surprised thats all he ran. the 04 gto's are going mid to low 13's up here right off the showroom floor.

weve' had several 05 gto's run high 12's....stock

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

The one and only GTO that I have seen run was a stock automatic. he ran low 14s... I was very suprised because I thought they ran better thant that...

Omni? 14.2? ok, lets see the mod list...
      Greg W. in West Michigan
      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
      <Motor out

Comment

raced several 04 GTO's...
        poor traction + small rear tires out back + 300+hp....
        they can't keep up with my mid 13 sec LT1 ...
        ed
        1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
          surprised thats all he ran. the 04 gto's are going mid to low 13's up here right off the showroom floor.

weve' had several 05 gto's run high 12's....stock
          He had a 106 mph trap speed....just no bite. There was an 05 GTO running right around the same time as this modded 04. I think our track just sucks for traction.......I mean, I can only brush the 11's with my bird that is trapping almost 123 mph.....
          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle

Comment

Originally posted by carguy100200
            Omni? 14.2? ok, lets see the mod list...
            The 14.2 isnt as impressive as the 102-103 mph trap speeds. But, its just a regular old 87 Omni that has a 2.2 Intercooled Shelby Turbo motor transplanted in it. The drivetrain came from my 87 CSX #512 that I wrecked.(1 of 750 ever made ) It really has nothing done to the motor except a performance logic module, which raises boost to 15 PSI. It's really funny.......it gets a lot of attention at the track and is almost more fun than the bird to drive, because I only have maybe a grand into the whole car, so breakage isnt really a concern.....

Comment

My friend Carl has a shelby omni that runs about the same time and an awd turbo mini van thats pretty quick, he loves the sleepers.
              1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

PTK is now making twin turbo's for the goat.

*NEW* TWIN TURBO GTO SYSTEM!

Pro Turbo Systems is producing a new twin turbo system for the "Goat" Pontiac Gto.

It will come standerd with twin GT-30 Ball Bearing Turbos.
                (Various sizes availible)

The system will consist of a front mount air to air intercooler. And will make up to 1000 HP depending on turbo size.

We expect the system to be ready to market within the next month.

The Intro Price will be 6,999.99 Gear up to place your order asap. This price will go up soon! Be one of the first to own this outstanding system.
                1995 Firebird Formula
                (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

Originally posted by Formulaboy95
                  PTK is now making twin turbo's for the goat.

*NEW* TWIN TURBO GTO SYSTEM!

Pro Turbo Systems is producing a new twin turbo system for the "Goat" Pontiac Gto.

It will come standerd with twin GT-30 Ball Bearing Turbos.
                  (Various sizes availible)

The system will consist of a front mount air to air intercooler. And will make up to 1000 HP depending on turbo size.

We expect the system to be ready to market within the next month.

The Intro Price will be 6,999.99 Gear up to place your order asap. This price will go up soon! Be one of the first to own this outstanding system.

not on my goat. im not voiding the warranty.... nor do i realy give a rats pettutie about being "faster than the joneses".

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                  Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                  sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
                    The 14.2 isnt as impressive as the 102-103 mph trap speeds. But, its just a regular old 87 Omni that has a 2.2 Intercooled Shelby Turbo motor transplanted in it. The drivetrain came from my 87 CSX #512 that I wrecked.(1 of 750 ever made ) It really has nothing done to the motor except a performance logic module, which raises boost to 15 PSI. It's really funny.......it gets a lot of attention at the track and is almost more fun than the bird to drive, because I only have maybe a grand into the whole car, so breakage isnt really a concern.....
                    Thats awesome!!! I love sleepers too. There was an old rusty k car running low 14s... He had a 3.0 litre decal on his hood that looked original. funny...
                    I ice race an omni with the 2.2 and 5 speed. Talk about a smokin car compared to the seasoned veterans. When we first got it, I did a pretty nice burnout in front of the shop. Had both tires goin and a lil chirp outta 2nd gear. After that we knew this was the car to race, considering our last car was a volk rabbit-overweight and underpowered. We raced 3 outta 6 races last winter and My buddy got third in his class and I got fourth. fun times...
                    Michigan Ice Racing Association
                    Greg W. in West Michigan
                    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                    <Motor out

Comment

Working...
                    X