No more SLP board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolfman
    nobody is a "newbie" here...specialy all my slp board friends...

it is a sad day for sure.....im just happy that jr allowed us to keep rocking here.....

and like Joe said... you will find the mod's here very very good....... we got the best.... with good judgement and savy brains......

so enjoy.

contribute...

and most of all , have fun and meet friends.

...and obviously, the most modest [moderators].
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

I think eventually most of the SLP regulars will make their way back here. I've been a "lurking member" on this board since early '98 so for me, one less message board means I'll post more here now...........

BTW, if anyone is interested, I sent an e-mail to Dave after I saw the message at SLP and got this note back from him.........

Thank you for the kind words.

The forum is gone and I'm retired from the 'net for a while. Last time I did this I got alot of flak for it and this time it's gone for good.

I'll throw a small explanation up at davehamburger.com in the next week or so.

I'm sorry to say, but I've cleared all of my travel schedule to F-Body events for the year except for the NJ Customer Appreciation Day and the SEMA show. I will most likely travel to F-Body events next year though.

If you are looking for an email address from the board, I am sorry to say that I elimated the database - I have no access to it for email retrieval.

-David
      2002 Trans Am Firehawk #C026
      345 HP package, Black on Black Leather, A4, Bilstein Suspension,
      Auburn Differential, Chrome Wheels, Custom Rear Deck Mat,
      Floor Mats, Car Cover, Portfolio

Comment

Dave's web site "explanation".

I've been getting my fair share of mail asking why the board was taken down.

Hopefully this will help answer those questions.

Q: Why did the board have to go away?

A: Seven years ago when I started the board, I did it so that we could talk with Camaro SS and Firehawk owners to help with not only the sales of our new SS's and Firehawks, but to gain input as to what the buyers wanted in the way of future content on those vehicles. In 2002, the F-body went away forever and we were going to originally remove the board then, but we kept it up in hopes that our new vehicle buyers would find the same forum useful enough to generate sales once again. That wasn't the case as we've discovered other means than the web to generate those sales.

The SLP messageforum has been a means for many people to get to know one another, many car clubs have formed as a result of the forums and I've even seen a few marriages happen because of the forums. I've made many friends through the forums, relationships I hope to keep. Running the forums has been a personal nightmare for me for many years and I've decided at this point that the board was really no longer a benefit to the company. Many people cite $$ issues are the reason the board came down - that is not the reason. I can no longer successfully run the board and maintain my other duties to the business and my family. It had to be shut down.

Q: Why did you shut it down so abruptly?

A: The last time I shut the board down, I took a good amount of flak and had a big farewell. This time I wanted to get it over and done with quickly.

Q: I need someone's email from your board, can you get it for me?

A: Sorry, but No. I've already removed the database from the server and the server will go offline soon.

Q: Who were the moderators of the board?

A: I won't give up their identities. All I will say is that Mods 1,2 and 3 were Firehawk owners and Mod 4 was an SS owner. They had a thankless job and for helping me out, I thank them.

Q: Will you still get us the 2002 production breakdowns?

A: Yes, as time allows I will get them done and I will send the SS breakdown to Scott Settlemire and it will be posted at the camarossoa.org - the Firehawk breakdown when done will be posted at Firehawk.org

Q: Will you still make Bowling Green and other events?

A: I've cleared my schedule of all events except two: I will be at the SLP Perf. Parts Customer Appreciation Day in NJ on Oct. 11 and an industry show in November. I will not be at any other events this year.

Q: What are you going to do?

A: I will continue to be with SLP in Troy, MI. At this point I'm "retiring" from the 'net for a while. I'm always available at dave@davehamburger.com

Take care,

Dave Hamburger

C.R.

Comment

Working...
        X