Resonable Price ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resonable Price ?

Alright I found a Trans Am in beautiful condition, well cared for even. It's a silver 96 with 62,000 miles on it. But the guys asking 10,000 for it and he won't budge. Ten for this car is a couple grand above blue book. What do you guys think? Wait around for the next one or bite the bullet and pay the guy ten for his car ?
    Beau

97 Red Firebird 3.8L stock (for sale) & Now a 97 Firehawk

I'd be too busy laughing at him to caugh up the money.

No way.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Thats what I figured but I'm getting desperate man, I've been looking for two months now and this is the nicest one I've found it really is in nice shape it's just man...... ten grand
      Beau

Comment

I'd wait for the next one.

Where are you located? A friend at work is selling his Silver '95 TA, stick, highly modded (very fast car), very well maintained, 8XXXX miles, I think he's asking $8000 (?) for it.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
        '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
        Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

I live right on the border of Illinois and Iowa, Moline, Illinois
          Beau

Comment

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...en&cardist=839
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=en&cardist=79
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:

Comment

no way! I picked up my 99 with 60K on the clock for 13,590...too much. and the only thing wrong with my car was two small dents on the driver rear quater that you can't even make out unless to stare. bump that...find something cheaper, that's extra $$ for mods.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=en&cardist=92
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:

Comment

you say you re looking for an ls1, so its not the right car..
                    93 t/a A4 3.23s
                    95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
                    99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
                    99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
                    97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
                    93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
                    00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

I sold my 97 WS6 last year. At the time it was in better than showroom condition with only 35,000 miles on it and a few minor mods and I got 11,250. 10k for that car with that mileage is too much. Be patient, something better will come.
                      Dave M
                      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

A LS1 would be ideal Europe but at this point I can't afford that much
                        Beau

Comment

you don t have to get exactly the last year the lt1 was made, you can get a cheaper decent say 95 t/a, and save a lot of money... I always look for the newer shape when i look for cars as I think last year of the older model will always loose its value faster , so i d go with an 98 ls1, or a 93- 95 lt1

I m also trying to save money for an 98 + ws6 t/a, my dream car...
                          93 t/a A4 3.23s
                          95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
                          99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
                          99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
                          97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
                          93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
                          00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

With ya there on the 98+ WS6 but one within my price range is going to be hard to find. The reason I'm looking for a later model is cause I would prefer to have a car with OBD-2 on it, I've been told it's a lot better if your planning on modding the car
                            Beau

Comment

Originally posted by 97redV6Bird
                              With ya there on the 98+ WS6 but one within my price range is going to be hard to find. The reason I'm looking for a later model is cause I would prefer to have a car with OBD-2 on it, I've been told it's a lot better if your planning on modding the car
                              Ummm, no. OBD-II is actually a lot more finicky if you want to mod your car. If you want one that accepts mods well, look for an OBD-I car (93 to non-CA 95). If you want one that's even less picky than most OBD-I cars, go for a 93. No MAF, PCM is "dumber" so to speak and the 93s are cheaper.
                              Steve
                              79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                              87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                              93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                              http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Working...
                              X