new toys and a brake question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new toys and a brake question

two trucks showed up today...brought some new toys..

already painted the calipers and fender wells now just on the DMS lowering springs (1.3 drop)

One question though the brake lines seem a little short ..does anyone have a picture of Earls brake lines installed ??
    1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
    1 of 463
    LT4 knock module
    D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
    strut tower brace
    SLP fan switch
    160* t/stat
    Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
    DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

I put on the Earl's brake lines on my 97 Z. If its the same kit as mine you'll find out that the small line that is directly above the differential cannot be used. It dosnt fit. I called Summit's tech line to find out why and they said its a genaric kit that fits my car but that line wont work with my vehicle. I still have it in my garage. I dont know if they changed the kit sence I put mine on, that was about 1-1/2 years ago. Anyway, the other lines look correct, they are short. It was a pretty easy install and I can get you pics if you still need them. Dave
    1997 30th Anniversary Z28. Artic White with Hugger Orange Stripes. T-Tops, K&N Cold Air Intake, Mac Headers & High Flow Cats,Flowmaster Cat Back. Auto W/B&M Shifter Plus. Drilled And Slotted Rotors. Steel Braded Brake Lines. Alpine CD/MP3, JL Audio Stealth Box.

Comment

Thanks for the info..The reason I wanted a pic is the factory lines mount vertically and thats why I figured they might be short if the wheeks were turned to the lock. There are what appears to be horozintol brackets but I would need to re-routhe the hard lines and I dont really want to do that
      1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
      1 of 463
      LT4 knock module
      D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
      strut tower brace
      SLP fan switch
      160* t/stat
      Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
      DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

Working...