Which hood?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which hood?

I just bought a 97 WS6. The kid I bought it from hit a deer and put a BB stinger hood on it instead. I want to put an original RA hood back on it and I'd just like to hear what you guys think about your different fiberglass OEM style RA hoods or which companies to consider (or not consider). I don't want to spend a lot of $$$ just to have a wavy, sagging hood. Thanks, Kyle.
    Red 93 Z28 A4; my first car
    Red 93 T/A m6; had for 4 months
    Green 93 Formula A4; 233,000 miles and counting, now sold
    90 Camaro RS; 94 LT1/4L60e
    Burgandy 90 T/A 305 TPI A4; it was my baby
    93 Z28 6 spd.; My current baby, bright yellow, K&N CAI, Hurst short throw, 17x9 chrome ZR1's, no muffler, 3.42's
    You just can't beat the LT1 cars! --- Sold to 69z-28

Originally posted by KRW2003
    I just bought a 97 WS6. The kid I bought it from hit a deer and put a BB stinger hood on it instead. I want to put an original RA hood back on it and I'd just like to hear what you guys think about your different fiberglass OEM style RA hoods or which companies to consider (or not consider). I don't want to spend a lot of $$$ just to have a wavy, sagging hood. Thanks, Kyle.
    get the slp one. they made it for the ws6 in 97. its been dot crash tested and meets requirements. the majority of your aftermarket hoods have not been dot tested, because they are not O.E., they dont have to. I know i dont want to drive around with a hood that might come thru the windshield if i get hit head on....... besides, then your car will be all ws6.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Also, will my original ram air box work with the SLP of any other aftermarket hood? Thanks.
      Red 93 Z28 A4; my first car
      Red 93 T/A m6; had for 4 months
      Green 93 Formula A4; 233,000 miles and counting, now sold
      90 Camaro RS; 94 LT1/4L60e
      Burgandy 90 T/A 305 TPI A4; it was my baby
      93 Z28 6 spd.; My current baby, bright yellow, K&N CAI, Hurst short throw, 17x9 chrome ZR1's, no muffler, 3.42's
      You just can't beat the LT1 cars! --- Sold to 69z-28

Comment

Originally posted by KRW2003
        Also, will my original ram air box work with the SLP of any other aftermarket hood? Thanks.
        What Ken was saying was that SLP is who did the WS6 conversion for GM. It's SLP's hood so you'll be getting the identical part. So yes, your factory airbox fits just fine.

Comment

Working...
        X