??Not Starting??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ??Not Starting??

Well, I went out to the car yesterday morning, and when I turned the Ignition key it didnt even try to start. The lights go on and the radio works, we checked the battery and it was charged. Tonight i took the starter out and the soleinoid works right along with starter motor. The only two other things I know of that run between the connection are the theft-detterant and the clutch pedal switch. So i took the clutch pedal swtich out and tested it to see if a connection went through, and nothing went through. Its to late now for me to hook it all up now, but im just wondering if any one else has any advice. I also noticed that when i turn my key to the run/start position and then back to off when the car was fine, it sounded like a little motor fan ran and then shut off. But it didnt do that yesterday. I dunno though i just need my car running again. Just wondering if any one has any advice and if it could be that darn security!
    1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Is the security light flashing or just on?
    96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

Comment

can you hear the fuel pump?
      1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, the problem turned out to be the clutch switch, and since I had the starter out, the mechanic where I work said it was very weak, so I installed a new one. It fired up really fast and boy was I glad to here it run after about a week!
        1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Working...
        X