craptacular day lastnight...within

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• craptacular day lastnight...within

welp, I guess it would happen eventually, finally hit something in the TA...well, my girlfriend did. I was fast asleep in the passenger seat (hard day at work) after I picked her up from work...everything was fine, so I reclined the chair and Zzzzz. About 10 minutes later, "boom, bang, pow!" She goes over a curb and into a light post in reverse!!! Now driverside extensions is cracked under the door, bumper has a ripple running down under the taillight and the taillight itself? Big'ol crack..! She was backing out of the local Wendy's for a quick bite to eat. I couldn't be mad at her, she was sooo scared, apologizing every second...but man was I pissed...oh well, just more expense this weekend. Gonna go to Sterling to see if I can't get that ripple out of the bump...and clean her up on the side. I need a new taillight for the diver side...anyone got a good salvage site I can go to. I remember one mentioned before here, just can't remember what it is...glad there isn't any metal damage.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Sorry about the T/A; that is horrible. My fiancee hasn't driven the '97 much and the '79 (NEVER). She did hit the curb with the '97 four years ago and scarred the wheel and scuffed a brand new tire. Anyhow, I have a rule that is absolute without exceptions. The fiancee does not drive the two T/As because she will break them...it is a given. I bought the Corvette simply to keep this from happening; I don't care what she does to that. Anyhow, two weeks after we bought it; I noticed a slight whine in second gear. Probably needed fluid or something (, or she just ground the heck out of it) so I told her not to ride second too much in it until I check out the problem. Well, she found it necessary to do 65-70 in second with the overdrive on, and dropped it out of overdrive and that was all she wrote...snapped a couple of teeth off the gear, and reved the heck out of the motor. I specifically told her not to use overdrive unless she was on the highway in 4th, but she refused to listen. I got a call of distress that it wasn't running anymore. Well, the insurance paid off, and the Vette remains under a car cover out in the carport until I decide to fix it. It could have been the '97 parked out in the fence with a bad tranny. Basically, if she wants to drive the Vette she needs to put up the cash out of her discretionary otherwise it will sit there until I get to it. I never get any requests to drive the '97 because she knows she killed the Vette, and it is sitting out in the fence...broke. I did find a good tranny builder who has all of the parts needed and who will harden the 4sp up to 600hp, ...and install 373 or 410 gears for a very reasonable price, but I am holding off on that.
    '77 K5 rock-crawler project
    '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
    '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
    '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
    '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
    My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I let my X-wife drive my Mustang GT 1 time after I had had a few drinks. She pulls up to this light to turn left and when it changed, she rolled out into the intersection to wait for the cars going the other direction to pass. She start to go, turns the wheel a little starts to let out the clutch, didn't give it enough gas and it almost dies. The next thing I saw was the tach go up to about 5000 rpms and she let the clutch out. Around the car went. She went into fetal position, hands and feet off. The car spun to a stop facing the opposite direction dead. She freaked out. Couldn't restart it. I turned the key. Told her to press the clutch so it would start. It started. I said go. She said but I want to go that way. I said go the direction the car is facing. She said but. I cut her off and said just go. Lets get out of here.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
        The next thing I saw was the tach go up to about 5000 rpms and she let the clutch out. Around the car went. She went into fetal position, hands and feet off. The car spun to a stop facing the opposite direction dead. She freaked out. Couldn't restart it.
        Exactly...I won't make any comments so that I won't get in trouble. My fiancee found a '69 L89 4sp roadster that needed restoration. I would have loved the car, but I was brutally honest with her that this thing puts out over 400hp, and she would most definitely maim or kill herself or somebody else if I built it for her. She needed something to learn first, and see if she could handle it. I thought a mildly tuned C4 would work...well, not so much...the few times we drove it, she scarred the **** out of me! ...should have bought the automatic!!!!!!!!! ...'76!!!!! ...160hp slug!!!
        '77 K5 rock-crawler project
        '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
        '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
        '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
        '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
        My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

dude dont you know anything. thats whu i never let my wife drive my car.ever since i got it shes never been behind the wheel, she says i love my car more than her . anyways if she does drive it again tell her to be very carfull, it could have been worse than that. good luck repairing it
          Miss My Bird

Comment

Dare I throw another story in here? Well, maybe to make LimTeng feel better....

Coming home from the bar one night I had a few drinks and to play it safe (ironicly) I let my girlfriend take the keys to drive home. Taking a turn onto a divided highway she took it too tight and clipped the curb. The whole left side of the car went into the air about a foot or so. I was like..."Holy ****!". To her credit she kept cool. Checked for damage...on the side of the road. None noted. Checked steering alignment on the way home. Seemed good.

I couldn't believe it. The car came out just fine. F-bodies are tough cars. Had to say a prayer of thanks after that one.
            Joe K.
            '11 BMW 328i
            '10 Matrix S AWD
            Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Heres some irony for you. When I got my car my wife and I weren't married yet. Had it for 2 years, then moved from Texas to Canada with it to marry my wife. The thing was babied so much for the first 2 years by me that is still looked new when I moved up here. I was so paranoid about letting my wife drive (so was she) and so far she hasn't hurt it all all except for some close calls caused by other drivers and spilling a couple of drinks and stuff inside. :| But...I on the other hand, backing out of a car wash stall, rubbed the back fender on a concrete post leaving a nice big scuff mark on it, and rubbed the edge of one of the wheels on a curb scratching it up. Stupid me. Anyway...I have also figured out that living in Saskatchewan with an F-bod being your only vehicle all year round, the weather will do a number on the car inside and out. The car doesn't look new anymore....dangit. I miss Texas.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

see, the problem is, this car looks better than new...! Just got back from Sterling...they'll fix it, but a new problem! The left rear fender has two dents caused by the collision. Looks like the fender buckled... You notice more during the day...door closes slightly rougher, that's because the door jam gap is tighter. Light don't reflect off the surface smooth and more, a slight distortion. The gaps don't line up crisp as before...looks like it's gonna be a long weekend and a long week...more damage still probably to uncover. Don't want to contact insurance, the repair job is going to be a lil over $500 (I hope) but overall it's not that bad (just comforting myself)...dangit!!!!!! Oh yeah, both driver tires are scuffed (no rim damage though).

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I let my wife drive mine once... Actually if she wanted to she could drive it anytime. She chooses not to, it scares the crap out of her.

Comment

My wife doesn't want to drive mine. For the last couple of years she didn't even want to drive the Vette anymore.

She drives her baby, a 91 Jag and she claims that the Harmon Kardon sound systems is the best. So I always try to tease her by telling that my Monsoon is much better (which it is IMO) just to get her going.

When I met her we had an IROC and then a Vette. If she was hot about something (usually me) and left the house she would back them out and lay some rubber.

Now with the Jag she slowly pulls out and anybody better watch out not to get too close to the Jag, otherwise her look will instantly kill.

Come winter her baby will go into the garage while mine will spend it in a storage unit. The Jeep will get some workout then.

Basically eveybody is happy, except our daughter. She cannot understand why my wife doesn't want to drive the T/A and I'm sure she's hoping to get a try on it soon.

I don't think soooo!
                    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

my wife drives a firehawk.

so.......

its ok........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
                      X