Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken C. w/in Sir...

Ken,
    I know you have a lot of ties in the NTSB and I was wondering if you have access to (if any exist) any safety studies on rollovers with hardtop cars vs t-top cars?

Something new is going on w/NHRA sanctioned tracks and I wanna see if the new possible law has any factual foundation.

Basically the here is what I've been reading on other boards:

"ALL TTOP CARS ARE NOW CONSIDERED OPEN COCKPITS. This means we have to follow the same rules as convertibles.
    13.99 needs a rollbar and 10.99 needs a roll cage. Also if any car has a roll bar etc. then you MUST have a 5pt harness. Stock seat belts are not legal."

Tks!!!

I just put in a 6pt roll bar, 5pt Harness, and I have a hardtop...but I would still like to figure this out...

KnightFire
    1993 Formula Firebird
    Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

13.99 required to have a roll cage(?); that is absolutely absurd!!! The stock LS1s, and most of the LT1s do 13.3s to 14 stock. So, if a person has a completely stock T/A or Camaro with Ts; they can't go to the track? Somebody is smoking some really bad weed if this rule goes into effect!!!!!!!! It is ridiculous for 12.99, but 13.99 is absolutely stupid, ridiculous, and completely overkill. If the car is under 12 seconds, I can understand the rules, but... Basically, what they are saying, is that unless I want to carve up my '97; I am going to be running it on the street.
    '77 K5 rock-crawler project
    '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
    '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
    '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
    '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
    My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

From what I've heard, this is a rumour..... some tracks are adopting this policy, but it is not an NHRA mandated rule.

Comment

Monday. ill check it out.

leaving monyana for NC. Dad's remarrying......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Have a GREAT trip buddy

KnightFire
          1993 Formula Firebird
          Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Working...
          X