New Car.. New Problems!?!?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Car.. New Problems!?!?!

ok ok ok... my friends girl just bought a 94 Camaro V-6... BOO!!!! Anyways.. its runing really crappy she asked me to look at it.. when i drove it it ran ok up thru 2500 rpms.. i went to romp on it and it kinda rattled and broke apart really bad... just makin the worst exhasut note ive ever heard... she said it was sitting for a little while.. so i got a bottle of MArvel to put in and clean thnings up well it didnt really help at all... and when it sits in D at idle it will dip down somtimes... almost a studder... Im thinking Fuel filter Clogged.. or spark problem, did a visual on the spark plug wires they seem fine.. o2 sensore look pretty new.. Any Ideas.... Feels almost like spark plug wires are backwards it makes a hole lotta noise but dont go nowhere......Im at a loss for words.i know not to expect what my t/a has but this is pathetic it has no power at all....

Originally posted by 94T/A GT
    ok ok ok... my friends girl just bought a 94 Camaro V-6... BOO!!!! Anyways.. its runing really crappy she asked me to look at it.. when i drove it it ran ok up thru 2500 rpms.. i went to romp on it and it kinda rattled and broke apart really bad... just makin the worst exhasut note ive ever heard... she said it was sitting for a little while.. so i got a bottle of MArvel to put in and clean thnings up well it didnt really help at all... and when it sits in D at idle it will dip down somtimes... almost a studder... Im thinking Fuel filter Clogged.. or spark problem, did a visual on the spark plug wires they seem fine.. o2 sensore look pretty new.. Any Ideas.... Feels almost like spark plug wires are backwards it makes a hole lotta noise but dont go nowhere......Im at a loss for words.i know not to expect what my t/a has but this is pathetic it has no power at all....
    Yeah, the 3.4 wasn't exactly all that strong. Run the car at night, pop the hood and look under and see if you see any flashes. If you do, you've got arcing from the plug wire(s). Check the fuel pressure as well, real simple to do. Pull one of the plugs and see how it looks. How many miles are on it? SES light on?
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

how many miles are on it?

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

120,000 she just got the car so im not sure on what if any work has been done to the car.. like i said i did a visual of the boots and there not cracked or anything so im pretty sure its not arcing but im going to check it tonight.... yea she said it was throwing SES light so i havent had a chance to check the codes....

Comment

clogged cat.
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

disconnect y pipe, start it up, if it runs better, change cat.
            2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
            X