NON F-Body - Eminent domain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NON F-Body - Eminent domain

Do you believe in a citizens right to own property? If yes, this will piss you off. Go to http://www.boortz.com/nealznuz.htm and read from "DRAW THE LINE IN ALABASTER" down. This is just wrong.

We have a developer locally who is buying up $250,000 houses, leveling them, and building $700,000-$900,000 house on the lot because it is in a very good school district. I hope he doesn't get wind of being able to do that. I could see them wanting to do this with my house.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Similiar situatuation in Syracuse, NY. Destiny USA is building a "Super Mall/ resort" and has abused eminent domain. It makes me very angry when our constitutional right get trampled. I will pass that article along!
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
      It makes me very angry when our constitutional right get trampled.
      Constitutional rights, at this point, are an illusion. The constitution is very much a fluid document that will be subverted whenever it an interest group "especially the environmental lobby" or their influence on government necessitates throwing property rights aside for a "so-called" public good. A very good friend of mine in Washington state spent several years working for the Pacific Legal Foundation which is a nonprofit organization that specializes in fronting legal challenges with regard to takings issues. He now has his own practice. "Just compensation" is also an illusion. Counties take property by regulation or zoning for "open space" rendering the property valueless and never paying a single cent, but the owner is left loosing hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars. The worst horror story he told me was a case of his where an elderly couple saved their whole life and bought a piece of land for their retirement home, and when they went to get their permit, the county declared the land necessary for open space so that they could not build their dream home. The couple hundred thousand dollars lost was a big deal to them, but the property could not be sold for peanuts. My friend won the case, and the couple was compensated, but most people don't have the resources to challenge the government. However, we do need to support the nonprofit organizations who fight these causes.
      '77 K5 rock-crawler project
      '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
      '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
      '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
      '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
      My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Especially since among those that they are fighting are those that wish to take away our right to enjoy our cars. Especially those of us who own older cars.
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
        X