No announcement yet.

Ground Effects -- Dancin with flames

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fortunatly for you only you have to drive the car, and it only has to look good to you. If you like it do it. No one here can tell you what to like or not like. We all hav opinions, and by the coments most seem to like the car as factory or with upgrades to the top model trim. I dont think a body kit = Rice even if I dont like the particular kit. Rice to me is like in another thread on here a Poser. If you go aroud saying how that body kit is giving you arodynamics and increasing trap speeds then that is rice. my .02

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
    In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by DeWynter
      Fortunatly for you only you have to drive the car, and it only has to look good to you. If you like it do it. No one here can tell you what to like or not like. We all hav opinions, and by the coments most seem to like the car as factory or with upgrades to the top model trim. I dont think a body kit = Rice even if I dont like the particular kit. Rice to me is like in another thread on here a Poser. If you go aroud saying how that body kit is giving you arodynamics and increasing trap speeds then that is rice. my .02
      OEM

very true what you said...we just don't want to lose anyone to a crowd of ignorants ricers that tacks on crap. The front end honestly doesn't look bad at all, but it doesn't belong on a Camaro. As many know how the saying goes...just because it can be done, doesn't make it right. BUT, all there own...do what makes you happy.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I don't think any of us are telling him what to get or not to get. In his original post, he asked our opinions and we gave them. I agree with Ken... they look like rice.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by carguy100200
          Reason for crappy work= $300...How much did they do for 300 bucks? Just the hood and bumper? Unfortunately you will get chips no matter what. Imagine somebodt throwing a rock at your car in excess of 60 mph, it'll chip or even dent it. The best way to find a good body shop is, and always will be, word of mouth. Ask around...between family, friends or just car guys you make conversation with, you will find a good shop around your area. Also when you find this shop, ask them to put activator(hardener) in the basecoat and flex additive in the clear coat. That will help a lot more than without it.

It just sounds to me that the body shop you went to didn't scuff/sand your stuff very well and they didn't use basecoat activator. Good Luck with it.

btw, I kinda like that front bumper too but have to say the rest is kinda ricey IMO. That hood is what I saw and decided to copy on my Caprice. But, do what YOU wanna do with your car.

my .02
          no i just got the bumper painted for 300. looked good for like a month or two then chipped like crazy.

I decided against the bumper... my camaro is safe

Comment

Working...
          X