Exhaust question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust question

I am currently working on putting together an exhaust system. I already have LM II to be put on but had a question about headers and y-pipes. I want to go with long tubes because the car will never be dropped but I am not sure about a few things... do all headers have hook up for the air system? Why do some people delete the air system, what are the benefits, and how hard is it to do? Since I don't have to worry about emissions should I not run cats? Just trying to get my homework done so as to not make a spontaneous buy. Thanks for any guidance guys.
    1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Ohh and what are the pro's and con's of this set-up and what are the pro's and con's of the different brands of headers?
    1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

air system just injectors fresh air into the exhuast to help keep the emission gasses down. if u dont gotta wry bout cats, get rid of em but beware it will get louder
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Well depending on how loud the new LM II race muffler is I may have to put a borla or corsa muffler on it to quiet it down.

Anyone have a "How-to" link for deleting the egr and air system?
        1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

Deleting the air is a piece of cake. i just put a cap I got at a hardware store to cap the fitting on the headers. I run it with pacesetter LTs no cats and Borla catback. Guess what, I could drop it an inch or two and would still have 2 inches of clearance.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ws6drbob
            Well depending on how loud the new LM II race muffler is I may have to put a borla or corsa muffler on it to quiet it down.

Anyone have a "How-to" link for deleting the egr and air system?

Trust me....Corsa will not quiet it down. I deleted the AIR system because I went without cats. Be ready for it to be really loud without cats....reallly.
            Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Ok so what LT headers would you guys reccomend? The guys on the LT1 forum of CZ28 reccomend either Hooker, Pacesetter, or Jet-hot. Anybody have these personally or reccomend any other brands for me to research?
              1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

They are all very similar, but I have heard that for some reason the Pacesetters allow better ground clearance. I like mine.
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

Working...
                X