Segway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Segway

Anybody ever see one of these things? There was one at this test lab where i was testing an engine, and one of the technicians was trying it out. He got too nervous leaning forward on it and instead of letting the servos straighten it out like you're supposed to, he panicked and leaned back right away. This caused the Segway to overcorrect a couple times as he jerked around then it finally slammed him on his face and he busted his chin wide open and when we stopped laughing we brought him to the hospital where they gave him about 40 stitches. Then the Segway was off limits - just leave it to one fool to ruin it for the rest of us

hmmm...our boss used on during a presentation on "Transformation". It was definitely attention getting. He seemed pretty comfortable on it too...pacing back and forth and going up and down the aisles.

Coincidently I saw the Segway inventor last weekend. He received an honorary Doctorates from the University of South Carolina.
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

hahaha!!! I can just picture that in my head. 40 stitches!? WOW! Oh well, just stay afterhours and take it around.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

They have them on display at The Sharper Image usually. I was checking it out during Christmas time. It was pretty cool, but they are crazy expensive.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

wasnt that the thing that was to change how people got around? i coulda sworn that was the BIG SCERET project type thing.
          2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

It was back in the day. I was in Florida last year, and the employees at Disney who sell stuff like balloons and hats and stuff were all riding those around.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
              Anybody ever see one of these things? There was one at this test lab where i was testing an engine, and one of the technicians was trying it out. He got too nervous leaning forward on it and instead of letting the servos straighten it out like you're supposed to, he panicked and leaned back right away. This caused the Segway to overcorrect a couple times as he jerked around then it finally slammed him on his face and he busted his chin wide open and when we stopped laughing we brought him to the hospital where they gave him about 40 stitches. Then the Segway was off limits - just leave it to one fool to ruin it for the rest of us
              They look pretty cool. I've seen them on display alot at local outdoor outlet malls. Some were charging $25 to ride one for a little while. 40 stitches huh.....just a scratch.

Comment

Didn't the president or someone famous wipe out on one of those? It seems like I remember seeing that on the news or somewhere. Anyway, yeah....I have heard they can be tricky to get used to. Holy cow, 40 stitches in his chin? He must have a big chin. lol Great, now there will be helmet laws for all Segway riders.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Working...
                X