suggestions needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestions needed

damn if i am not p!$$ed . LoL .. Look i rebuilt my transmission . Now when i went to put the drive shaft on it wont spin when it is connected to the rear . every gear we put it in the tires spin but not the drive shaft .. what could it be ?????????? it's stumping me alot .... let me know whatu thin

Originally posted by CamaromanZ28
    damn if i am not pissed . LoL .. Look i rebuilt my transmission . Now when i went to put the drive shaft on it wont spin when it is connected to the rear . every gear we put it in the tires spin but not the drive shaft .. what could it be ?????????? it's stumping me alot .... let me know whatu thin
    You think you are stumped??? You have the driveshaft bolted to the pinion yoke and the tires will turn but the DS is not turning??? How are the tires turning without the DS turning the rear-end and hence the axles and then tires??

Please clarify what you mean.

Comment

okay . we rebuilt the trans . we bolted it back in. I slide the front of the ds in , and i went to put the reat part of the drive shaft in. got it tight . and went to turn it . and it is not turning , the wheels are off the ground i can turn them .but the drive shaft wont turn right , it like locked up. but i can put it in neutral and it wont spin . tires still do

Comment

#1. I think you better watch your langauge. (i corrected it)

#2. The drive shaft has to turn to turn the rear wheels.

#3. If you are screwing around on this forum, I'll toast ya.

kapish?

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

srry about the laungage
          i am not screwing around .
          And i have not a clue why it is doing what it is

I wont screw around , my bad on the pi**ed part

Comment

srry about the laungage
            i am not screwing around .
            And i have not a clue why it is doing what it is

I wont screw around , my bad on the pi**ed part
            cool. thats fine.

but lets face it..the rear wheels cant turn if the drive shaft does not turn...

thats like moving your fingers on your hand without any arm from the wrist up.......

now that you have explained it thoroughly, you got a problem in the differential.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Hmmmmm.... with an open differential, if you have the car in the air and turn one wheel, the opposite side will turn in the opposite direction, and the DS won't turn.

Did you turn both wheels in the same direction at the same time, or only one wheel?

I can't help but feel you just had to repeat your language thing just one more time to prove you could do it. Apparently Ken is a bit less supsicious than I am.
              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Well the DS will normally turn if just one wheel is turned on a open differential, but there isn't much force being applied to the pinion yoke to turn the DS so it could just be the slip yoke on the front of the DS hanging up.

My question though is....why aren't you just trying to actually have the car running and put in gear and see if the wheels turn. Then best of all take it out on the street and just see how it drives. You are trying to test things bass ackwards.

Comment

Look it is not that i am trying to do the whole language thing , I was appoligizeing for it ... So don't take that into any offense . Another thing is about the car

yes it is that one tire spins one way and another spins the other .. now i took the drive shaft off , put fluid and filter in the trans , started it , put it in gear took my foot off the brake and still the back of the trans shaft is not spinning , could it not be ingaging in the trans ? that is my ?

Comment

Look it is not that i am trying to do the whole language thing , I was appoligizeing for it ... So don't take that into any offense . Another thing is about the car

yes it is that one tire spins one way and another spins the other .. now i took the drive shaft off , put fluid and filter in the trans , started it , put it in gear took my foot off the brake and still the back of the trans shaft is not spinning , could it not be ingaging in the trans ? that is my ?
                    Sounds to me like a valvebody or band related problem. Have you had a chance to verify line pressure at idle and/or while driving under load? Was this your first time to ever pull apart, rebuild, and put back together an automatic transmisssion??

Comment

well yes it is my first time taking one apart and rebuilding it , me and my step father and my mom all did it . looked at a rebuild book and all . we put new clutches in a seals , did eveything like it said about . so i have no clue what to do or think right now ... no i have not had a chance to clarify line pressure or anything of that matter ...

Comment

Sooo, you expect somebody on the internet to troubleshoot your first time home rebuilt transmission?

Comment

We'll not exactly . I was hoping for some ideas you know it doesn't hurt .To ask what other ppl think . I mean you know how it is .. I rather ask ppl that are into camaros and all then watse my time with some one that is not . But you do have a point

IT is up and running , but not reverse gear .... so that is a good thing that is it runnin now ....

Comment

We'll not exactly . I was hoping for some ideas you know it doesn't hurt .To ask what other ppl think . I mean you know how it is .. I rather ask ppl that are into camaros and all then watse my time with some one that is not . But you do have a point

IT is up and running , but not reverse gear .... so that is a good thing that is it runnin now ....
                            Have you made SURE that it shifts into 2nd gear and overdrive??

Comment

Unfortunately, it sounds to me like you have to pull the tranny again and go back through each step in your book and make sure everything is right...It could be something really simple but you won't know until you tear back into it. And I understand how frustrating this can be because I've been there with other projects, but you will get better results from this board if you slow down a bit and explain things better. oh yeah and use less harsh words...
                              Just an opinion...
                              Greg W. in West Michigan
                              1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                              1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                              1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                              1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                              1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                              <Motor out

Comment

Working...
                              X