gains

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gains

What performance gains should I see with Loudmouth Exhaust, cold air kit, SLP LT headers, off road y-pipe, Trans go shift kit, and LCAs.
    I have a 94 formula A4 59,984 miles new trans and runs 14s (best of 13.96) stock except for k&n filter

I'm bumping this post back ttt. I'm interested in the answer as well.

I have the LM and cai.......got me to 13.8
    2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
    buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
    Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

SLP does not make long tube headers for LT1 cars. They make really good shorties.
      You should probably see a couple of tenths gone from your e.t. but to go along with your new LCA I would suggest you get some relocation brackets. That should help out with traction some more too.
      97 SS #C007
      Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
      SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Ya I'd say 2-3 tenths from headers and exhaust. However if your going to be pulling your trans for a shift kit you might as well install a torque converter. That will get you another good 3-5 tenths depending on what stall you go with.

Josh

Comment

boys boys boys its not really that easy, a torque converter must be mathced up with your specs, ex. rear gear ratio, cam lift, yes a torque converter is a good idea but along with that you should probubly get it rebuilt, the 4l60e's like to take a dump around 100k. the 3rd and 4th servo goes back causing major slippage for those gears. i shift kit, and torque converter are going to put way more wear on your trans and it wil wear out a hell of alot faster. you should really get a corvete servo for better holding power, hardened sunshell, kevlar bands and clutches, and some other miselanous parts. mad dog performance transmissions builds a great trans with all this and more and included is a trans cooler, go with the heavy duty model it runs 1300 and has a 1 year warranty. this is good 4-5 tenths if ya got the rubber to hook.have fun.
          1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Comment

Working...
          X