NFB, sorta: Finally a T/A in video games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB, sorta: Finally a T/A in video games

Before you get too excited, I hope you like it with a side of rice. The 4th gen T/A, a post '98 style Firebird, has finally gotten some video game love. Unfortunately, it's in the form of a tuner game.

The pics I saw in the screenshots were pretty riced out, but it's a late 4th gen in a video game theless.

Click here Go to the screenshots section on the right. The first pic of the T/A is a blue one on page 2. The second pic is of the back of a yellow one on page 6. Hopefully you can drive these stock as well.

It comes out in mid-June. Might at least be worth a rental.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

I saw another game yesterday at circuit city that had a newer 4th gen t/a in it. It's a pc game, and ya ready for this one.....here's the name of it.

Midnight Outlaw: Illegal Street Drag - Nitro Edition

Do I even need to mention how ricey the t/a looked on the cover?
    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Wow... They aren't even trying with these names anymore. Midnight Outlow sounds like some cheesy USA network action/drama with someone like Lorenzo Lamas as the star.

At least Juiced looks like you might be able to keep the car somewhat stock looking while still adding some mods. I may rent it and give it a look.
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

Comment

I'm always interested in racing games....juiced may be worth a rent.

I'm with ya on those names though. I mean come on, when "illegal" is in the title of your game, and then nitro edition.....it just sounds like they are trying way too hard to be "cool" But then again I guess that's what today's motif is with some people. It's all about trying to hard to be the gaudiest, trying to be cool, trying to actually beat a V8, trying to be the biggest moron, trying to have the biggest wing/fartcan combo, trying to talk with the most slur/slangs, trying to be capable of achieving an "idiot" status which is an IQ of around 25, trying to.....ok....I'll stop now.

I just cannot understand this whole sub-culture of slow, ugly looking cars whose purpose is to drive at top speeds and get your license taken away because it's the "cool" thing to do.....
        black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Agree 100%. Economy cars were never meant to go fast. Trying to mod them so they'll compete with eights just makes no sense. If you want V8 type power - Buy a V8. Ricers...

Oh well. They're good for their comedic value anyway.
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

Comment

C'mon guys, have you heard about the newest game? Super Illegal Underground Midnight High Speed Nitrous Injected Drag Racing: Not Sanctioned By Law Edition?

I have to argue that i like the idea behind tuners. Not people that slap a CAI and a muffler on their Civic and call it a day. I like the idea that the little econobox sitting next to me might be able to blow my doors off. The Eclipse, the Supra, 300ZX,3000GT- cool stuff and they're only 4/ 6 cylinder cars. I can't remember who it is but someone on this board owns a Dodge Omni that runs low 14's. Others have Daytonas and Conquests. Those are little 4 cylinders too. Old muscle car guys probably say the same thing about us. "Pff, why bother with a tiny little 350 when you could have a 454? Look at those ugly things. Whatever happened to cars with lines to em? They're just a bunch of rounded off piles of crap".
            Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
            SOLD- Kinda miss it
            94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
            SOLD- Good riddance!
            2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

I know what you are saying, but I don't consider the Supra or 3000GT to be econoboxes persay. I'm talking more along the lines of Civics, Corollas, Scions and the like. The Omni he has was actually built for quick times in the quarter right from Dodge.

As the old saying goes... There's no replacement for displacement.
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
                C'mon guys, have you heard about the newest game? Super Illegal Underground Midnight High Speed Nitrous Injected Drag Racing: Not Sanctioned By Law Edition?

I have to argue that i like the idea behind tuners. Not people that slap a CAI and a muffler on their Civic and call it a day. I like the idea that the little econobox sitting next to me might be able to blow my doors off. The Eclipse, the Supra, 300ZX,3000GT- cool stuff and they're only 4/ 6 cylinder cars. I can't remember who it is but someone on this board owns a Dodge Omni that runs low 14's. Others have Daytonas and Conquests. Those are little 4 cylinders too. Old muscle car guys probably say the same thing about us. "Pff, why bother with a tiny little 350 when you could have a 454? Look at those ugly things. Whatever happened to cars with lines to em? They're just a bunch of rounded off piles of crap".
                I too very well respect supra's, sti's, certain 3000GT's, etc... Any import that actually has performance I respect and agree with you. It's just that I never see it. I can only think of maybe 3 tuners I know of that actually have performance....all are turbo 4's. One is a WRX running 13.5 pounds of boost, another is a stock sti, and finally a sponsored 12 second eclipse. This is 3 out of God knows how many ricers that are around my area.....I live in ricer central USA. I respect anything that is fast, and there is a huge difference between a 14 second omni, and a stock civic with a wing.

It all boils down to people thinking that if their car looks fast (looks like garbage is more like it), then they think it actually is fast, and drive like they're racing for the winston cup or something. Then there's the few who try to actually make them fast. Take this kid Pete I used to go to school with. He has an orange eclipse that to my knowledge, is still sitting in his garage for the third year now. He told me that he is setting it up to run 31 pounds of boost on some stock nissan motor Then again, he bolted his body kit right through his door. And yes, I said bolted right through. Didn't drill a hole or anything, just took a bolt and put it right through his side skirt that was overlapping his door, and right into that as well, cracking everything. He managed to make it stay on though, and painted it orange to match his car. I saw this pathetic excuse for a car once....I kept my laughing to a minimun due to the fact that he was giving me free beer.

Fast is fast, and I respect that. A nice sleeper is always awesome IMO....but to me, you could have a civic that beats my car, but there's a certain sexiness that comes with our rides that you cannot achieve with a civic.....no matter how big the wing is

Comment

Well stated. I would love to have a WRX STi, but to me, that's not really the tuner which I am speaking of. As 95TA was saying, it's the people who do slight tweeking to an otherwise fuel efficient motor and consider it a race car.

If one more of these kids pulls up next to me with a riced out Civic and revs his joke of a motor, I may bite. I haven't yet, and they always take off with that ridiculous sounding muffler, probably to tell their friends that they took a Ram Air Trans Am. I just laugh. They usually are bang shifting well into 4th while I've barely even let the clutch out for second doing the speed limit. They beat the hell out of their cars.
                  SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                  17K Miles

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                    If one more of these things pulls up next to me and revs his joke of a motor, I may bite.
                    If you want to do something that's even better, and it's hard to believe there is something better than handing their arse to them, then try this.

The trick is you have to be really blatant...ya gotta be feelin' like a total jerk to pull it off nicely. The next time one of these econoboxes pulls up next to you and revvs his folgers can at you, give him a nice blatant stare, and do a nice laugh. Not like a snicker or a smirk, just a nice blatant laugh. I've even pointed my finger as I've laughed before. It p*sses them off so badly that it will encourage you to laugh even more. I mean, it's one thing to get your arse handed to you. It's a totally different thing to have someone blantantly say you are not good enough to even compete with me so I'm not even going to try.

Also, you'll get less tickets and more gas this way

Comment

I will DEFINITELY try that. I have to have the mood strike me, but I get one of these clowns next to me at least once a week, and I barely drive my T/A. If I find one to be especially obnoxious, which happens more than not, I'll do it. Actually, even better. I'll wait until one of them has their girlfriend in the car with him.

The funniest one I can think of happened to me a few weeks ago. I was driving home from work, at a stoplight. An Integra with unmatching ground effects pulls next to me, stares at me, and gives his motor a quick rev. Two things were funny about this scenario.

1) I was in a right hand turn only lane, he was in a straight only lane. Couldn't race him if I wanted to.

2) He dumps his clutch and takes off with a huge plume of blue smoke following him.

I have to give him credit... He made my night.
                      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                      17K Miles

Comment

Originally posted by 95TransAm
                        there's a certain sexiness that comes with our rides that you cannot achieve with a civic.....no matter how big the wing is
                        Too true. Too true.

Yum
                        Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                        SOLD- Kinda miss it
                        94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                        SOLD- Good riddance!
                        2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                          Two things were funny about this scenario.

1) I was in a right hand turn only lane, he was in a straight only lane. Couldn't race him if I wanted to.

2) He dumps his clutch and takes off with a huge plume of blue smoke following him.

I have to give him credit... He made my night.
                          HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....classic rice right there. That's another thing that I really don't even think about, but see it all the time....so many of these jokes are burning a side dish of oil to go along with their rice.

You definitely have to be in a nutty mood to do the whole laughing thing though, but I'm telling you it works too good. Even if they really don't react, look at their face and you can just imagine how much their blood is boiling.

As for the whole making them look stupid with the gf in the car....I have a quick little story. I was cruising around with 2 of my buddies...a built up 84 firebird (350, cam, headers, bolt ons), and my friend with his 72 monte carlo (heads, cam, headers, 4.10's.....disgusting). We were cruising archer avenue in chicago (2 lanes) late at night, and suddenly some prelude with his girl in the car literally flies around us in the opposing lane, going literally about 55-60, nearly hit a car head on, and gets in front of us. He was weaving in and out of the few cars that were out, and winds up getting caught at a light. Well, my buddy in his 84 gets next to him, i get behind my buddy, and the monte gets behind the prelude. The '84 off the light gets on it and gets in front of the prelude, I come up to his side, and my buddy remains behind him. We all slowed down to about 7-10 mph in a 30, and just angered this guy so much it was priceless. At the next light, I pulled up next to the '84, and the monte goes behind me with the prelude still next to him. We all gave him a nice smoke fest on a beautiful summers night, and were on our way. It was pretty hilarious too cuz of it was planned, we were all kinda just going with the flow as it was happening.

What can I say, we were all being jack*sses.....but it truly was hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
                            Too true. Too true.

Yum
                            Now that's what I'm talkin' about

Comment

I drive a 92 prelude, reason I'm here is because I am planning on getting a trans, I wasn't allowed to have a trans when I went to buy a car, so I took the fastest thing that I could get without my mom questioning it. FWD does suck but it handles well. I don't drive like an idiot and when I pull up to a trans/z28, I bow down and don't even try, because I know that I have no chance. But be careful because I have seen a few civics around me with turbos, not riced, but you catch a glimps of the intercooler and you know. But it'd be quite embarassing to have one of those pull up next to you, then you laugh at it and it hangs with you straight through before pulling on you. Also, the whole burning oil thing in hondas/acuras, has alot to do with v-tec, the variable valve timing burns about a quart every 3000 miles. Anyways, I found a good amount of rust on my car and am saving for a 98 trans/z28 now, so I'll be in the game within a year, I hope.

When speaking of fast imports don't forget to mention the rare but amazing rx-7. A friend of mine has one and that car is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X