May have found a new car!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May have found a new car!

Just talked to a guy who's selling his 99 Z28 M6 with 64,000. It has everything save a CD Changer. Navy Blue with ground effects. Totally stock. He had it for 1 year and put 4,000 miles on it. Was owned by a lady mechanic before that. It has complete maintenance records and was garage kept. Asking price is 11,900.

I'm headed out Friday to take a look at it. If everything adds up I should get a decent deal.

Aside from the fluids and power windows, is there anything else I should be looking for on an LS1?

Wish me luck!
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Many LS1's will burn a little oil. Also the pushrods seem weak my brother bent two in his before he did his cam and went with chromeoly ones, I think Jay had some on his too but I'm not sure. Other than that I can't think of much they are an amazing engine that makes great power stock and with a cam and boltons will amaze the heck out of you. The biggest advantage to them though is the fact that no where on the car is there anything remotely similar to an opti spark lol .
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

I will be very happy to say good-bye to the opti! I've been reading about bent pushrods. Missing shifts seems to be the main culprit. Especially missing the 3-4 and hitting 2nd by accident.

If a pushrod does get bent will it tear up the engine right away? Would I have enough time to get off the road and have it towed and repaired without comprimising the engine?
      Joe K.
      '11 BMW 328i
      '10 Matrix S AWD
      Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

You may also find yourself in 3rd instead of first at stoplights if you get a bit lazy. The gate is so close on these M6's that 3rd gear starts can be fairly common. Luckily the LS1 has more than enough torque to overcome it most of the time.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
        X