Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some advice.... the search continues......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice.... the search continues......

Alright I talked to the dealership about this car

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=en&cardist=87

The guy said he'll trade for my car plus $3,000 which I think is still kinda ripping me off But this car is almost exactly what I want, except for the color of the interior which can be changed lol Anyway what do you guys think ...........????????
    Beau

97 Red Firebird 3.8L stock (for sale) & Now a 97 Firehawk

My advice is this.... Don't settle! It took me 6 months to find my car but it was worth the wait to have one as nice and clean along with a far price. If you have to change something like the interior to make it fit your taste then it isn't the car for you. Plus 10.9k is waaaayy to much for that car. I believe some of the other guys will chime in because i believe there are a few that got an LS1 f-body for under 10k. There are a lot of great deals out there man trust me. All you have to do is keep your eyes and ears open.
    1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

Actually changing the interior isn't that big of a deal to me, I worked in a restoration shop for a year and actually wouldn't mind playing around with a vehicals interior again and I have a cool idea for it, custom interior adds horse power as we all know I'm more concerned about the price I'd be paying than anything.....
      Beau

Comment

dont want to ba a downer but i payed 1500 less for my z 3 years go with those miles. dont setle and keep looking. it will PAY OFF IN THE END

Comment

That is too much for that car. Not worth it, especially if you're not happy with the interior. Wait it out dude... It will come. I don't remember how many Z's and SS's I looked at before I found one that suited me.
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Sorry if I'm getting irritating guys I just want a freaking V8 6-speed so bad I can taste it arrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhh lol sorry had to vent I bought my V6 bird a year ago when I got back from Iraq, shoulda bought a V8 in the first place but I got impatient and jumped the gun. So thanks guys you serve as the voice of reason talking me out of jumping the gun again
            Beau

Comment

Well I did a quick Kelly Blue Book comparison and not knowing any details on your current car it came back with it's value at $5100. Then I did the Firebird and it came back with $6100. The net difference is $1000 which is a long way away from the $3000 they want. If you want it, I would go in to the dealership and give them these facts and say we've got a deal if we can meet in the middle.

I don't mind the tan. I don't like it but I wouldn't try and change it. The thing I don't like is no T tops. That's the deal breaker to me.
              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Agreed. I looked for the T/A I wanted since last July. I bought it a month ago. I almost jumpoed the gun a few times and even almost settled for an auto. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with autos, but I wanted the 6 speed and refused to settle for otherwise.

Hope you find one soon.
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                X