NFB: Unbelievable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Unbelievable

We just had a little excitement in our apartment complex. I was sitting here in the den, in the back of my apartment, when I hear this huge *THUD* and then a guy yelling at the top of his lungs "Hey! Stop! Come back!" Then tires squealing, engines gunning...and then silence.

Come to find out, some young girl (I say young, they said she was maybe 18-20) in a Plymouth Spirit or similar car, came flying through our parking lot (it's basically a straight drag strip, no speed bumps), somehow ended up not going straight, and hit a parked MINIVAN hard enough to knock the back end completely into the empty space next to it. Then she decides she doesn't want to stick around for the consequences, despite there being at least one witness, and takes off. So the guy who lives in the apartment below me, who witnessed it, grabs his keys, hops in his truck, and takes off after her. Several people called the cops, and they came, but so far they haven't tracked the girl down yet. She had too much of a head start for my neighbor to catch her. Hopefully she shouldn't be too hard to find, I can't imagine what her front bumper must look like.

Can you imagine how fast she must have been going? And what if she had hit a kid, of which there are many in this complex? Or hit anyone, for that matter?

The guy who normally parks in the empty space that the minivan got knocked into thankfully was not parked there...he JUST bought a new 05 Mustang GT. It woulda been toast.

I hope they catch that girl. Unbelievable.

2001 Camaro V6, stock

I had a guy run up my driveway and hit my boat. I heard it and jumped up to see a 3rd gen red Camaro driving down the street. I think it was him. I went out and didn't see anything so I didn't go chase him down. Later I noticed the boat sitting a foot to the port side and the trailer fender bent in. I noticed the gell coat was cracked for about a foot on the corner and red paint on the hull. The boat was a 1975 19ft Glasspar that weighed 2800 pounds. It had to screw up that car bad.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I had a similar thing happen. I heard a crunch and looked out the bedroom window. I saw my Brother in Law's 69 indy pace car Camaro parked half way up on the curb. I go ask him. "Why did you park like that?". We go out and his car had been hit and the guy ran. We go running down the street and there is a guy on foot, huffing and puffing. Turns out he busted his radiator and water pump and was stranded. We caught him red handed.
      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

I bet she was "having a bad day" (PMS) - every woman's excuse!

Back whan I was 19 I had parked my 1986 Camaro in the street. I normally parked in the driveway, but my dad insisted I park it in the street that night so he would not have to move it in the morning.

About 3am a car came around the corner and hit it. Toasted the drivers side bad. My brother awoke to the noise and looked out the window to see taillights driving away fast.

Here is the kicker:
        By my father's doing the car did not have collision insurance on it. I wanted it, but he refused saying we didnt need it.

My dad ended up paying the repairs out of pocket, it was afterall his fault the car did not have proper coverage!
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Bet he got collision after that.

A good friend of mine is a cop in the next town over from me. About 5 years ago, he pulled a kid over for expired plates. When he got up to the car, the kid flipped him the bird and took off. Before my friend even got back to his car he heard tires squeeling and a loud crash. The kid couldn't make the corner up the road and rolled it down an embankment. They found him about 300 feet from his car, and his head was still in it.

Just for expired plates...
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
            They found him about 300 feet from his car, and his head was still in it.
            intresting...

Anywho, I was a Pappaduex enjoying some crawfish in Dallas TX with some friends...after killing about 7 lbs each, we decided to go home. I wake up the next morning and notice a big dent (basketball size) right behind the driverside door...some moron hit me at the resturant and ran.

Hit and runners...freaking losers.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
            X