power modules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power modules

Any opinions on splicing a resistor module into the IAT sensor???

Originally posted by Sinister TA
    Any opinions on splicing a resistor module into the IAT sensor???
    It depends on the year of your car. You will have to state that before it can be answered.

Personally I think it makes it worse depending on the temperature outside. That sensor is there for a reason. As the air temperature changes, the air fuel ratio changes with the same given amount of fuel.

I think on the 94 and up car it won't make a difference because the O2 sensors will compensate for it anyway but that is debatable.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

its a 95 trans am. I have been really busy with school lately and haven't had much time to mess with it. Maybe you can save me some time...is the IAT sensor with the MAF sensor or is it the one further up on the intake elbow??

Comment

The IAT sensor is not tied into the fuel trim, it is tied onto the timing. The sensor reads the ambient air temperature and adjusts the rate of timing advance. It does not alter the fuel mixture, nor does it modify the total timing. The cooler the temperature, the faster the timing is brought in up to the total timing limit. So basically it speeds up the rate of advance and not the total advance. I use this trick only in warm (read: Hot) temperatures to sharpen the throttle response for the first 1/3 of the throttle travel. That also means that from 1/2 throttle to full throttle, there will be no effect. Think about it..... it only makes the part throttle response of the first 1/3-1/2 of the pedal travel a little more peppy. As soon as the temps drop below 65º, it put it back to stock and let the computer read the actual temp.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
          The IAT sensor is not tied into the fuel trim, it is tied onto the timing. The sensor reads the ambient air temperature and adjusts the rate of timing advance. It does not alter the fuel mixture, nor does it modify the total timing. The cooler the temperature, the faster the timing is brought in up to the total timing limit. So basically it speeds up the rate of advance and not the total advance. I use this trick only in warm (read: Hot) temperatures to sharpen the throttle response for the first 1/3 of the throttle travel. That also means that from 1/2 throttle to full throttle, there will be no effect. Think about it..... it only makes the part throttle response of the first 1/3-1/2 of the pedal travel a little more peppy. As soon as the temps drop below 65º, it put it back to stock and let the computer read the actual temp.
          Yes I remember that now. I still say it's there for a reason. Get software to edit the program and do it right.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
          X