Install of ls-6 intake.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install of ls-6 intake.....

Curious.....is this a tough procedure? Does much need to be removed.....is there a do it yourself link. From what I hear it isn't as bad as it may seem.

Any help appreciated,
    Thanks,
    Bruce

AMF RACING: Friends don't let friends drive junk

01 black ss #0966
    lou's short stick, slp lid and cold air, smooth bellow, centerforce, loudmouth, 3 in. y pipe, flowtech long tubes, BMR STB, SLP 4.10's, polished zr-1s, MSD wires, T-6 plugs, and upcoming goodies....Tee-Hee

It's a pretty straight forward R&R.

The very first thing I would do though is remove the oil pressure sensor behind the intake manifold. Lots of guys break this off pulling the stock intake.

Just make sure to get a piece of foam back over every knock sensor. Also, make SURE to get the washers over the lifter valley bolts so that you will not crack the manifold. You will also need the rear plugs and the front LS6 crossover coolant pipe.

Here is a pretty good writeup:

http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=5

Comment

I may be wrong but didnt all 01+ LS1's come with a LS6 manifold I thought I remember reading an article or something saying that. But I could be wrong.
      97 SS #C007
      Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
      SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

yah i think 01+ come with ls6 i might be wrong but if u dont have a egr on the manifold its a ls6
        and deffenetly remove the oil presue swith when i was swaping mine it broke
        1999 T/A M6 STOCK Slp Loudmouth , SKIPSHIFT ELIMINATOR, KNN FILTER SLP Short Throw Shifter w. slanted short stick, Ram PowerGrip Clutch C6Motorsport Rims w. 285/40 GoodYears
        CAR IS SOLD

Comment

yea, when I put my headers on I put a block off plate between the header and the tube itself

01 black ss #0966
          lou's short stick, slp lid and cold air, smooth bellow, centerforce, loudmouth, 3 in. y pipe, flowtech long tubes, BMR STB, SLP 4.10's, polished zr-1s, MSD wires, T-6 plugs, and upcoming goodies....Tee-Hee

Comment

hold up........It's not an egr pipe, the egr come right out of the top front of the intake correct?????

I have an Ls-6 intake.......i do not have an ls-6 block though....anyway, thanks for saving me some money lol.

01 black ss #0966

Comment

Working...
            X