Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFB (sorta) : The "New World Order" is here!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB (sorta) : The "New World Order" is here!!

No more Great American football hero called “OJ” - No more F-Body (still no more F-Body right?), and now No More Star Trek! :

At least that is what they just said on CNN News. Tonight is the last episode, supposedly forever. I can’t say that I am sorry to see the poor excuse for Star Trek that has been on for the past 4 years, fall by the wayside, but no Star Trek at ALL? What the *** is going on? You have to admit that the story lines have always sucked, and the special effects, and the stage designs, aliens, characters, etc., etc., etc., but there is something about it that makes you want to watch. For me, as a child in the 60’s, it was my favorite show for 3 years. Since then it has been hit and miss for me. I just kept watching, and hoping that it would actually reach it’s true potential. You can’t tell me that if someone just got stabbed to death, or shot or blasted to bits, that they couldn’t just “beam” them into the transporter, and rematerialize them as good as new, with all of the right atoms in all of the right places - I mean give me a break! I guess that is one of the things that has always kept me on the line, just for someone to say “beam them directly to Sick Bay, and hey, reassemble their atoms in all the right places while you’re at it”.

Coming soon: A Firebird graphic opposite the Camaro graphic-

I liked that female Vulcan, she's hot!!! wooo! I'd like to see her every 7 years or so. hehe

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH95Formula
      I liked that female Vulcan, she's hot!!! wooo! I'd like to see her every 7 years or so. hehe
      Yeah, she's hot Did you catch the episode where they showed her beautiful bare rear end? They changed it when the re-run was aired, and you couldn't see it. All that it showed then was her bare back, which didn't look too bad either

Comment

There was a lot more to Star Trek than just entertainment. They had the sexy women on there to attract viewers. But there was a lot of depth to most of the plot lines that a lot of people never even thought of. Gene Rodenberry attacked social issues head on all of the series. Granted the series Enterprise moved away from that philosophy a little but you have to analyze the episode on a deeper level than just the action on the screen. For example. The first interracial kiss on TV was Ohura and Kirk. The first captain of the Enterprise was a female (his wife) but the people who viewed the idea tapes said no way so they changed it and made Captain Pike the captain for the pilot. Remember the episode with the species with the white on one side and the black on the other. They were fighting because one was white on the left while the other was white on the right. That's a direct shot at the problems of racism in the 60s. Granted there wasn't much more than entertainment behind the tribbles though. LOL But I thought it was great when on DS9 they went back and they superimposed DS9 casts with the original footage of Star Trek. The Next Generation was more like the original series in the way they were trying to get an idea across that addressed the current day problems. DS9 was more about entertainment. Voyager was trying to go back to the roots of the original series facing the unknown. Enterprise tried to fill the gap between the original series and the next generation. Unfortunately the writers got caught up in trying to get viewer ship numbers up resulting in less plot lines and more action. Too bad. I miss it already. Gene Rodenberry should be required reading for schools. A man ahead of his time.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I thought the Next Gen series was the best of the bunch. I liked the original as a kid, but on the Voyager one it seemed like all the men were neutered - I didn't watch it, or deep Space 9 or the new one either. Seems like the crew picked on the Feringies a lot and made fun of them behind their backs. And they sent them a big box of Chinese finger traps once to teach them a lesson. The Borg was the best enemy, I thought, since they were relentless, self-healing, and adaptable. Also Warf always was changing his face and it looked like he had a horseshoe crab stuck to his head and never brushed his teeth after eating those meely worms, still he eventually got to do the greek lady.

Comment

Star Trek

Is this a Star Trek web site??? For my 2 cents The original was the best, and the only one I could watch. Seen em all many times. I have tried watching the second generation etc. and always turn em off. The Spock character was my favorite, and has never been equaled.

Comment

Next Gen was pretty good, as was DS9. Tried watching the original...I think I'm a little too young (no offense) lol. After seeing the butcher job that was Voyager, I lost interest. Spike TV still shows DS9 and Next Gen during the weekdays though.
              Steve
              79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
              87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
              93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
              http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Why complain about Star Trek when we get the final film in the star wars series this week From the previews I have seen of that film it looks to be the best yet.
                1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

Originally posted by ws6drbob
                  Why complain about Star Trek when we get the final film in the star wars series this week From the previews I have seen of that film it looks to be the best yet.
                  Yeah, and you know good and well that George Lucas is planning to remake the first three Star Wars (actually they are the last three

And there are about 40 years of Star Trek re-runs to look forward to. I honestly believe that they will come back with some kind of Star Trek series, or movie, or something. They should let the fans help them write the story lines though. I know that I have quite a few ideas that I could give them

Comment

Working...
                  X