good group

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good group

I've been checking out 3rd gen.org and thier forum and the guys in this forum are way more helpful and eager to help out then 3rd gen.org. It's also alot cleaner to read the posts here and the posts make sense. I also feel alot safer about taking the advice from here. You guys all have proof or experiance to back your advice.
    1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

I agree.

I've belonged to many message forums before, but this is by far the best one ever. Great group of people.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

glad to hear it guys.

you can ask joe and norm though....it was'nt always this way... but this new format gave moderation powers that allowed us to "take the trash out"...

i applaud all the members here, we set some pretty strict rules but everyone pitched in and followed them... some left and went to the other boards, but the cream of the crop stayed.....

you guys rock..

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
        glad to hear it guys.

you can ask joe and norm though....it was'nt always this way... but this new format gave moderation powers that allowed us to "take the trash out"...

i applaud all the members here, we set some pretty strict rules but everyone pitched in and followed them... some left and went to the other boards, but the cream of the crop stayed.....

you guys rock..
        Thanks Ken, even though I have a third gen these guys have no problem with digging way back and giving me a hand. cool place to hang out while I'm suppose to be working.
        1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by L98TA
          Thanks Ken, even though I have a third gen these guys have no problem with digging way back and giving me a hand. cool place to hang out while I'm suppose to be working.
          Same here.

When I owned my S-10 ZR2, I belonged to ZR2.com. If you had a question, didn't matter what about, you would get flamed for several posts before someone MIGHT answer you semi-seriously. A jab at someone's question is funny once in a while, like it's done here, but it was all the time.

Here, information is readily shared between everyone. There, information was like cigarettes in prison. In order to get any, you basically had to..... .... nevermind.
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

Comment

yup, that's why I basically live in this forum... Everyone kick arse!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I used to be part of Thirdgen.org, but they were to rude and to harsh to most newbs so I left and found this one where everyone is nice and polite.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
              Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
              6.2L/382.97 ci
              Custom PROM Dyno tuned
              WCT-5 speed
              BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
              Boss MS 18" Rims
              Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
              Custom Dual exhaust
              1LE upgrade
              Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
              In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                glad to hear it guys.

you guys rock..
                And you and the rest of the mods rock....and a big thank you from me to all the mods. It's awesome that you keep the trash out.....it's what makes this forum a great thing to be a part of.

I too, like everyone, have saved mucho $$$ and even more headaches being able to get advice from so many of you.

It's awesome that I feel like I actually have friends on the internet who I've never met, or some who I have no idea what they look like. I used to laugh at the thought of actually considering people on the internet "friends", but for 13 months or so that I've been a part of this forum, I've been treated nothing less than an actual friend by everyone on this forum.

I'm glad I can visit here every so often during work, and share some knowledge, receive knowledge, or just BS about certain topics....and actually have intelligent conversations.....for the most part

Big thanks to everyone and especially the moderators for making this an awesome place to hang out
                black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Let me tell you about this forum....

When I was going through my divorce, the other member's support got me through the tough times. Just after 9/11 when Anthrax was found at the two post offices on either side of me, a member was going to ship me the vaccine from out of the country. When my home was wrecked, members got together and set up a donation fund to help save my arse. It's the members that make this a great place to hang out, to share information and a few laughs. I can't imagine the amount of influence this board had on me in the last 8 years.....The same goes for the other members. Ken for instance, would still have hair. Fred would still be a 60's wild hair child, Norm would still have all his cars. Bottom line is that this is the best forum out there.

Later....

Comment

I would also like to thank the moderators. It's amazing to find a forum with moderators who aren't on a power trip, and actually stir some of the trouble up once in a while.

It's a brotherhood I'm proud to be a part of. Ain't no place on the net like it. Thanks again, guys.
                    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                    17K Miles

Comment

Just chiming in saying that I love it here, althought I'm sure I've been irritating with my constant questions and searching for a V8 car I can honestly say everyone here has kept me from buying a car that I probably would regret purchasing, I swear sooner or later I'll be posting pictures of a new ride Just hope it's before the summers over, I'd hate to buy a new bird and have to pull it right into the garage Anyway thanks again everyone
                      Beau

97 Red Firebird 3.8L stock (for sale) & Now a 97 Firehawk

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                        Let me tell you about this forum....

When I was going through my divorce, the other member's support got me through the tough times. Just after 9/11 when Anthrax was found at the two post offices on either side of me, a member was going to ship me the vaccine from out of the country. When my home was wrecked, members got together and set up a donation fund to help save my arse. It's the members that make this a great place to hang out, to share information and a few laughs. I can't imagine the amount of influence this board had on me in the last 8 years.....The same goes for the other members. Ken for instance, would still have hair. Fred would still be a 60's wild hair child, Norm would still have all his cars. Bottom line is that this is the best forum out there.

Later....
                        Hey, I remember that donation . And Ken with hair?!?! Geez, that's waaaay back lol

Yes, a big thanks goes out to everyone here, especially the moderators. I remember when I first got the Z, Joe was helping me to try and figure out what the heck was (and is...ugh ) still wrong, even hooked me up with some parts. Thanks a bunch man . The advice, help and comic relief I pull from this board is invaluable, but moreso are the friends I've made. Thanks everyone, you've made my past 2 years here that much better . PARTY AT MY PLACE!!! lol
                        Steve
                        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Here's something to try...

I typed "Civic forums" into Google. I didn't post anything on these sites, but just read what the owners of these cars were saying. It really shows how great this forum is. They were flaming each other and arguing about who's car is better, etc...

There were even a few comical posts in there, like "Ate a Mustang for lunch", and "Took a Camaro easily with my Mom's 3.0 Accord".

Anyway - Just thought I'd share. This forum is the greatest on the net, bar-.
                          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                          17K Miles

Comment

I agree. I belong to other f-body forums, but this is the best.....not as many people, but the quality of members is the best. I like the fact that every other word is not F*** and people know how to use other adjectives here......a mark of an intelligent group!
                            96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                            11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

I have to agree with everything thats been said. I found this forum a while ago searching for a solution to my car problems, joined up, and found out how great everyone is here about helping out wiht everything, whether it be cars, or anything else. I'm glad I stumbled upon it, this place really is the best.
                              -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Working...
                              X