air lid question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air lid question

Hey guys I have a slp ls1 85 mm air flow sensor. This new sensor that I have purchased will not fit my slp air lid on my engine. Any ideas on what to do? I had already sanded down the inside of the air lid, but it was just not going to fit either way. The sensor is the same size as the air lid opening. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    slp longtube headers, slp y-pipe, high-flow cats, superchips programmer, slp 85mm air sensor, slp loudmouth exhaust, ws6 hood, slp cai, kn air filter, slp high-flow lid, smooth bellows, tb bypass, subframes, lca's, panhard bar, torque arm.

I would just get a peice of rubber hose that is just a bit smaller than the OD of the sensor and air lid and get two nice hose clamps and do it up with those. That way you have a nice air tight fit even without the clamps then the clamps will just hold them together.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
    In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

thanks

That is what I was planning on doing. I am just gonna go to home Depot tomorrow and get that stuff. Thanks for the reply.
      slp longtube headers, slp y-pipe, high-flow cats, superchips programmer, slp 85mm air sensor, slp loudmouth exhaust, ws6 hood, slp cai, kn air filter, slp high-flow lid, smooth bellows, tb bypass, subframes, lca's, panhard bar, torque arm.

Comment

Working...
      X