Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam Numbers....

looking into a 220/220 114 lsa or 224/224 114 lsa cam

I don't know much about them though, I like the power band on the 220 a lil more......what I need to know is, they suggest computer tunning on automatic cars

well I have an m6 can I just throw the cam and springs in and go play?
    Or do I need tunning as well

AMF RACING: Friends don't let friends drive junk

01 black ss #0966
    lou's short stick, slp lid and cold air, smooth bellow, centerforce, loudmouth, 3 in. y pipe, flowtech long tubes, BMR STB, SLP 4.10's, polished zr-1s, MSD wires, T-6 plugs, and upcoming goodies....Tee-Hee

I just installed a 222/222 .568/.568 on a 112 LSA (rougher idle than the 114 you're looking at) - the car ran fine on the stock tune. The PCM was able to find idle on the first try. That being said, I had it tuned by a local guy here with HP tuners and it runs even better. I did the cam install and the headers at the same time - it was running really rich. The tune was also worth more power. I have read so many good things about the 224 I would go with that cam rather than the 220.
    Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Working...
    X