First time at the track

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time at the track

Went to MIR tonight. Only got one run in because so many people out tonight. Here is how I did against a 1999 mustang GT with bolt ons. also with my 240 pound brother inlaw in the car filming.
    MINE MUSTANG

R/t .610 R/T .496
    60' 2.156 60' 2.196
    330 6.024 330 6.203
    1/8 9.140 1/8 9.473
    mph 80.60 mph 76.35
    1000 11.848 1000 12.224
    1/4 14.141 1/4 14.531
    mph 98.51 mph 97.69
    96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

Looks like if you would have kicked your brother-in-law out, you would have had yourself a close race!

Comment

Kevin - it looks like he won with his brother in the car. Would NOT have been close if he would have kicked him out
      Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

MIR

Dude I went to MIR last night . Ya it was packed . My Friend ran his svt cobra 04 stock 12.6 1/2 ... where about do u live. I live in great mills md. I have a 94 z 28 camaro.... lata

Comment

Camaro Mustang race

Finally someone who gave all the figures off the Timing slip. I salute you. I have a 95 Z with auto, headers and a flowmaster that ran 9.22 at 80.5 mph in the 1/8th with a 2.22 60'. Your 60' is superior to mine, I would imagine it is the chassis mods you have made. That .07 difference is probably worth .15 in ET. Since our mph is almost identical in the 1/8 it shows similar hp. However if you remove your brother in law you are making more power. The power calculator shows your car is making 290 hp at the flywheel, if your weight is 3940 with brother in law aboard. Your post is the most interesting one I have seen yet as it gives real figures, and compares them to another car. Some of the folks posting believe those rear wheel dynos give them a true idea of what their car should run. Bull, those readings change from one dyno to the next. Your post is the true indicator as the track mph indicator will show how much power you are truly making. I have since modified my car, and picked up some Mickey Thompson Drag Radials. I will post my times as you did as soon as I run it. The tracks around here are 1/8th mile so I wont be able to give 1/4 mile times. I will try to race against some interesting cars, as you did, if possible. Looking foward to more of your posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Vince
            Finally someone who gave all the figures off the Timing slip. I salute you... Your post is the most interesting one I have seen yet as it gives real figures, and compares them to another car. Some of the folks posting believe those rear wheel dynos give them a true idea of what their car should run. Bull, those readings change from one dyno to the next. Your post is the true indicator as the track mph indicator will show how much power you are truly making... Looking foward to more of your posts.
            I know this is a jab at me and my post from the other day.....and it is ridiculous. I gave all of the info this guy did. Furthermore I said that my trap speed indicates something is wrong with my car.....you tend to believe it is the dyno. I, and several other members here, told you that the numbers the dyno generated were very comparable to other cars with the same mods and indicated that there was something indeed wrong with the car. As it turns out it is the clutch - it is slipping - so the power is not making it to the wheels. By the end of the summer I will post a timeslip with traps in the 115-116 range as I expected when I replace the clutch with something that can hold the power.
            Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Comment

Actually it wasn't, I just do not believe in dyno readings as the whole truth. They are good for tuning only, and the same dyno must be used. Drag strip MPH is the true indicator. You may well have clutch problems, and I hope it solves your problem, and you run 120mph, just don't take those "dyno" readings too seriously. I will report my race MPH, & ET, good or bad sometime later this week, it will only be 1/8th mile however.

Comment

Originally posted by casey02ws6
                I know this is a jab at me and my post from the other day.....and it is ridiculous. I gave all of the info this guy did. Furthermore I said that my trap speed indicates something is wrong with my car.....you tend to believe it is the dyno. I, and several other members here, told you that the numbers the dyno generated were very comparable to other cars with the same mods and indicated that there was something indeed wrong with the car.
                I have felt the same way since this guy posted from day one. All of his "horsepower calculator" numbers are way off. He trashes peoples dyno data when it has been backed up time and time again on ls1tech. I and several others have had an unusual intuition about this guy for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Vince
                  They are good for tuning only, and the same dyno must be used. Drag strip MPH is the true indicator. You may well have clutch problems, and I hope it solves your problem, and you run 120mph, just don't take those "dyno" readings too seriously. I will report my race MPH, & ET, good or bad sometime later this week, it will only be 1/8th mile however.

Agreed - some take them too seriously. I would have understood your response had I posted something like "My car dyno'd at 393 RWHP so my car is faster than yours that ran a 12.5 sec 1/4". I was not using the dyno for bragging rights or bench racing. I was using it to say that there must be something wrong because it is not performing at the track like it is supposed to - a dyno can be used for that. Your "hp/et calculator" is no better than a dyno - it is just a tool - there are too many variables to be explained by such a simple calculation.

Comment

Working...
                  X