Paging: Jeff 95 Z28 and anyone else who cares to reply lol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paging: Jeff 95 Z28 and anyone else who cares to reply lol

How hard was it to do a M6 conversion,yes Ken I'm still thinking about it, but how much was involved besides the obvious interior issues?
    Beau

97 Red Firebird 3.8L stock (for sale) & Now a 97 Firehawk

Doing it to your 97 V6 or to buying a V8 auto and coverting it to a M6?
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

On a V8 car, not my V6 Thanks
      Beau

Comment

If you are going to buy a V8 and and a M6 you should buy one that already has a M6. The only time it is worth converting is when you already own the car and have thousands invested in other mods. At that point, you are already in deep enough you might as well convert it. On a new purchase, no way IMO.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

What Trace Z said.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

buying an auto for like 8k. Then spending money on the conversion... Lets see... Tranny, couple thousand, clutch set, about 800, pedal, hydraulics, cutting through firewall, cylinders, etc... That 8K car cost around 11 or 12 and a ton of downtime. Why not just buy the M6 to begin with?

Patience is a virtue... If you wait, it will find you...
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Honestly, at the point you're at now, willing to buy a car, especially as expensive as kens, then drop an M6 in it, you might as well search nationwide and pay to have your perfect car shipped to you. Ebay will have something for sure. It's all about what you want to spend. You wanna spend an extra 3 or 400 to get it shipped do it. My gf got her integra shipped from florida to mi for $500. Give that a shot. Save some $ and expand your search.
              97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                Honestly, at the point you're at now, willing to buy a car, especially as expensive as kens, then drop an M6 in it, you might as well search nationwide and pay to have your perfect car shipped to you. Ebay will have something for sure. It's all about what you want to spend. You wanna spend an extra 3 or 400 to get it shipped do it. My gf got her integra shipped from florida to mi for $500. Give that a shot. Save some $ and expand your search.
                I agree 100%. I've purchase 3 cars online now searching nationally. I had 2 shipped and drove to get the third. I'm very happy with all 3 and got exactly what I wanted in each case.
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:
                SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Like everyone else said, you're better off buying an M6 rather than converting it.
                  Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

I've thought about that it's just the idea of buying a car without seeing it myself and driving it scares the crap out of me I've found the perfect car, in my opinion, right here at home.

http://www.braddeery.com/vehicles.cf...cfm&vid=336432

only problem is the freeking dealer won't budge on his price 15,000 which in my opinion is to much. I've already tried the blue book value argument and everything he just won't budge And the car is not "just in" he's had it sitting on his lot for over a month now arrrrrrghhhhhhh
                    Beau

Comment

Originally posted by 97redV6Bird
                      I've thought about that it's just the idea of buying a car without seeing it myself and driving it scares the crap out of me I've found the perfect car, in my opinion, right here at home.

http://www.braddeery.com/vehicles.cf...cfm&vid=336432

only problem is the freeking dealer won't budge on his price 15,000 which in my opinion is to much. I've already tried the blue book value argument and everything he just won't budge And the car is not "just in" he's had it sitting on his lot for over a month now arrrrrrghhhhhhh
                      Dont be afraid. Look nationally. find a car with around 50,000 miles on it, get a TON of close up high quality pictures. Have a carfax report run to verify the miles and go for it if everything looks good. The deals you can find out there are amazing. You'll find the perfect car in great shape for thousands less than you will find it locally. Even if it needs a few hundred dollars worth of work after you get it you will still be WAY ahead. By restricting your search to local cars you are seriously limiting your selection and you will pay more.

Look around a little. What have you go to lose? Research a few cars really well. Check Ebay and Autotrader once every few days. You will eventually find a car that is so perfect and priced so reasonably you will end up buying it. Just do yourself a favor and at least open your eyes far enough to look around a little.
                      Tracy
                      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                      Current Mods:

Comment

Working...
                      X