my turn signal lever just broke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my turn signal lever just broke

I'll try to get a pic if I can find the camera, but as I hit the turn signal lever, it just fell off! The way it looks, there's a C shaped bracket that holds down the lever assembly, with a pin between each end of the bracket. Well, half the bracket just snapped right off. It's metal too. I can try to superglue it, but I'd suspect that there's so much force, especially with the mechanical advantage of the lever, that it'll just break again. I have no idea on how to get this part out
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

I just found this part number: 25140743 in Shoebox's website. Does that include the C-clip/bracket that holds the signal lever?
    Thanks in advance.

Edit: Here's a picture of what broke off. I still don't know for sure what part number this is
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

The Camaro guide shows it as being 26005749. Might wanna check this against the Firebird guide, but should be the same I believe. Its Group 6, 93-96 Steering Column, Item 24.

(Just leaving you a note for reference )
      Steve
      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Yea, thanks man for your help...hopefully the dealer will clear up which part number it is, considering there are 2 in the Firebird parts catalog.

Comment

that's why I don't even use it...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Ok, here's an update...I stopped by the Pontiac dealer and they claim it looks like it's number 24 in the pic, but the description doesn't match. So they went to their "mechanics" who claimed it's number 23, as a whole assembly, and number 24 is some sort of plate. Then they give me the run around as to saying I better get it verified before I special order it.
            And there's a BIG difference in price: number 23 is $140 list, while 24 is around $16 or $20. I have no idea now
            Maybe I'll just pull the whole stinking thing out and weld it back...although the metal looks too flimsy already.
            http://shbox.com/1/steering_column_exploded.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
              Ok, here's an update...I stopped by the Pontiac dealer and they claim it looks like it's number 24 in the pic, but the description doesn't match. So they went to their "mechanics" who claimed it's number 23, as a whole assembly, and number 24 is some sort of plate. Then they give me the run around as to saying I better get it verified before I special order it.
              And there's a BIG difference in price: number 23 is $140 list, while 24 is around $16 or $20. I have no idea now
              Maybe I'll just pull the whole stinking thing out and weld it back...although the metal looks too flimsy already.
              http://shbox.com/1/steering_column_exploded.jpg
              Because they're money-hungry morons. Just tell them you want the part# I mentioned and you should be fine, or tell them the other part# that is in the Firebird Parts Manual. If you need some help dealing with them, lemme know.
              Steve
              79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
              87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
              93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
              http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Working...
              X