Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shocks and wheels weights

Hey guys .. couple questions ...

How long are shocks and springs good for good for? I have eibach streets and SLP Bils. I have had the car since 98 and I figure both were upgrade within a few years of that.

Also how commmon or uncommon is it for wheels to NOT have wheel weights? I recently started noticing that my front end gets squirelly at higher speeds. It almost feels like I hit a bump or a change in surface height and when the car comes back down or rebounds it seems to be unstable. Kind of like it skips to one side. I have KDWS on all fours and just have the new ones done in the rear. Any ideas????

thanks
    97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
    In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

It is possible to use sticky weights on the inner rim instead of putting the more traditional weights on the outter edge of the rim. I believe they call it "static balancing".

My wheels do not have any visable weights on the outside edges either.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
    X