'94 Trans Am GT- Stereo Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '94 Trans Am GT- Stereo Question

I would like to start by saying "hello" to everyone. I have been reading thread after thread on this forum since buying my first F-Body last month. This has been a huge help to me and I doubt I will go a day for quite some time without visiting this great resource.

On to my question... after searching without any avail... I am trying to find out what the paticulars are to the stereo that came with my TA. I have a blown speaker in my right front door and I would like to know what ohm those speakers are so that I can replace it. I was hoping to do this without having to pull it out of the door. (I'm assuming it is either 2 or 4 after reading all of the threads)

I have been watching quite a few of them on ebay and I am assuming that I should not be bidding on anything "monsoon" because the system that came with my car is strictly "delco." The GT model did come with the 10 channel system.

PS: If anyone has any of these speakers for sale and or a stock cd player with equalizer I would very much like to purchase those items.

Thank you in advance,

Sin_Cere

It should be a 4 ohm, but what you really need to think about is upgrading those speakers to aftermarket. The stock pieces are paper cone and have the sound quality of Taco Bell-induced fart You should really be looking at decent aftermarket speakers from Circuit City, Best Buy, online retailers, or ebay, not replacement factory components.
    "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

I always thought the 10 speaker system was the same as the Monsoon because someone on this board (years ago) said they were...but that is incorrect. So you are right not to bid on anything Monsoon.
      I got my stock replacement from a salvage yard...it was around $10 to $15 shipped a couple years ago.
      The install was a PITA since our doors have so many hidden plastic clips. I ended up breaking several of them, so the panel doesn't hug the door as well as before. Just be careful when you install it, not to break the surrounding plastic clips.
      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

I had the Monsoon system in my 95, pulled all that out and replaced the whole system. You could in theory replace the speakers in the front doors with aftermarket units and still have ok sound if you are not into the stero scene. Here are a couple of links to have a look at if you havent seen them before.

http://www.projecttransam.com/Projec...c&Search=False

http://www.fbodyaudio.com/

Hope this helps
        95 Trans Am, K&N CAI, LT4 knock module, Flowmaster exhuast, Grant GT steering wheel, Sony head unit w/sub, Autometer Gauges

Comment

I have all the parts from my stock 1994 10-speaker audio system (it was labeled "Delco", not "Monsoon") If you are interested in aything, tell me what you need. Everything was removed from the car for weight reduction, and was working, except one of the oval units that goes in the rear fender covers.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
          X