Installing a twin-turbo kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing a twin-turbo kit

I have a question that relates to opting the power on my 2002 Firehawk.

I was doing some research on the internet and I came across on a website that was displaying a twin-turbo kit for the LS1. My question to the forum is - is this a good way to get more power into the engine vice installing a NOS system (a relative cheap way to increase power and performance in my opinion) or should I do something else.

Any opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Check this out...

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthre...+mounted+turbo
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Turbos are cool, but once you step off into that realm, there is no turning back. You'll want to build the motor, strip the car of weight, 12 bolt, and the list will never end from there. Not to mention you are talking about probably 5 grand or more to get it all installed and done right. If you're looking to go fast for low money, go with nitrous. If you want to go fast and have something that not everybody else has, then I'd say go with the turbos, but be ready to buy a transmission (if you have an auto, clutch if you have a stick) and a 12 bolt, as all that power is gonna destroy both components in a very short time. There's a whole host of other stuff you'll have to have too (fuel pump, subframe connectors, etc.) but what I listed are the BIG ticket items.
      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Working...
      X