Some joker in Illinois...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some joker in Illinois...

decided to buy a million orange construction pylons and line I-90 all the way from the Wisconsin border into Schaumburg with them, closing it down to only one lane... hahaha, good joke guys... especially since there was work being done in ONE mile's worth of the 50 or so mile strecth. I.D.O.T. = IDIOT.

I have never seen anything that stupid in my life.

Minneapolis to Holland drive time: 9.5 hours.

It took 1 full hour to reach the Wisconsin border from MINNEAPOLIS, the traffic was so bad. Then... the Wisconsin transportation department tried to challenge the IDIOT for worst move ever when they shut down the I90/I39/I94 thoroughfare down to ONE lane. It was moving so slow, people were going to their trunks to get a pop out of the cooler. I called the Wisconsin state patrol and they re-routed me...

THEN... after the ridiculous lane closures in northern Illinois, I arrive in the Chicago area at 11 PM local time only to see traffic at a standstill! Holy crap... worst road trip EVER.

But, I did average 27 mpg... and I did arrive safely. Thanks for all your conern
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Whatever you do, DO NOT take the Chicago Skyway. It's horrific. We went on it on the way to Champion in Ohio to test engines and got a 1-1/2 hour delay for about 10 miles of 0-2-3 mph traffic.

Get this - they charge a $2 toll for using it and the 2 lanes of traffic opened up to 8 lanes at the toll booth, then back down to one lane afterwards. Cars were shuffled like cards after the toll booth. I was laughing so loud that people in the other cars started laughing too. If even one car had broke down, everyone would have been trapped there all day and into the night. This was on a Sunday afternoon!

Comment

I did take the Skyway... I know it well... indeed it is horrific.
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Working...
      X