NFB: This guy is a REAL JERK!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: This guy is a REAL JERK!!!

Sorry I gotta vent. Many of you guys read my post about how I smacked up my 69 GTO on the garage door a week ago. Well, I got the front end apart and Ive been searching for a new bumper. Everything Ive come across has been in "not-so-good" shape....or I could go the repro route.

ANyways, I came across this listing on Ebay and I started to get excited:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...550599806&rd=1

His number is listed right on the auction, so I called the guy to find out 2 things: 1. Is it REALLY ready for paint, as in, just spray it and wet sand and go (NO FLAWS)?..... 2. What is the reserve on the auction? (As I only have about 600 bucks to drop on this project.)

I called him, introduced myself politely and told him I was interested in the bumper. Immediately, he says, "I WONT end it early".....and then goes into this big thing about how hes gotten 30 calls and hes sick and tired of people asking....ranting and raving. Meanwhile, I havent asked a single question.........So, I said, "well, actually I was inquiring as to the condition of the bumper". "Are there any flaws"? He says, "I THOUGHT I made that pretty obvious on the site" (implying that I cant read). So, im still biting my toungue at this point because the bumper looks nice (and I want to buy it). So , I ask about the reserve. He says, "Why dont you JUST BID!" "You cant ask me what the reserve is! This is an auction!" So, I say, "Look, if youre gonna be a dick, than I will buy the bumper somewhere else. Youre not the only guy that has a bumper for 69 GTO." So, from there, all he** broke loose........this guy was the biggest jerk! I cant believe people stay in business like this. So, now, Im still looking for a bumper because I wouldnt buy from this guy if it were free.

So, im pissed because I was pretty excited about this when I saw this thing.......So, if youre looking for a good time messing with a real jerk, call him up and ask about the reserve on the 69 GTO bumper.....or better yet ask him to end early! Have fun!
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

sounds like a fun game, I'm always looking for some one to call when I'm drunk around 1 in the morning.
    1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

The grille on my '91 Bravada is cracked. I should ask him if it would fit.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

This world is full of idiots. Just blow him off.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
          This world is full of idiots. Just blow him off.
          Yea, probably should....but what fun is there in that?
          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle

Comment

If he's so sick about people calling tell him not to put his number on the listing next time.
            Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

anyway we can reak havoc on him? I'm at work and bored.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                If he's so sick about people calling, tell him not to put his number on the listing next time.

Yea, right

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
                  anyway we can reak havoc on him? I'm at work and bored.
                  AS long as you play nice......

Comment

LOL...I just called and "gary" wasn't there... I spoke to a Holly and she was quite nice. Bummer...I'll call him tomorrow.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
                      LOL...I just called and "gary" wasn't there... I spoke to a Holly and she was quite nice. Bummer...I'll call him tomorrow.
                      lol, I say we all get the everyone on this board to call him and ask him the SAME EXACT questions! We'll even get the wolfman to call him too! Email him the list video!
                      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

ill give him a ring when i get home after my brothers hockey game
                        1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Comment

I handle advertising for small to medium-sized businesses on a day-to-day basis. I can easily say that 9 out of 10 business owners I deal with don't know their a** from a hole in the ground. Many have no people skills and have been fired from every job in their home city - that's most likely why they own their own business - because no one else will employ them. Many have no people skills, can't manage money, and go bankrupt over and over again. That brainless-wonder should be thanking his lucky stars people are calling him wanting his bumper - not scolding you for being interested! What a friggin idiot.
                          Darrin C
                          '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
                          07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Originally posted by 97LT1Z28
                            I handle advertising for small to medium-sized businesses on a day-to-day basis. I can easily say that 9 out of 10 business owners I deal with don't know their a** from a hole in the ground. Many have no people skills and have been fired from every job in their home city - that's most likely why they own their own business - because no one else will employ them. Many have no people skills, can't manage money, and go bankrupt over and over again. That brainless-wonder should be thanking his lucky stars people are calling him wanting his bumper - not scolding you for being interested! What a friggin idiot.

Yes, I guess you really run into this more often than you would think. And the thing is, its not that hard. You treat people like you would want to be treated, sell a good product, and take care of your customer. Thats not a difficult recipe.

This guy was a total moron......just acted sooo arrogant.....like he had the LAST bumper on earth and I wanted it. Ha HA!

Comment

Look at the ad today.. Some poor guy asked a question and what an response.

She's Red and she's Rare.

~Black Beauty ~ Last 97 & LT1 Hawk

Comment

Working...
                              X