Guess what I did this weekend!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess what I did this weekend!

We're back from our trip to Florida. On our last day there my wife surprised me with an early father's day present... a day at RIchard Petty's Driving Experience at the Walt Disney World track!! Man, what a blast! We ended up with 8 laps in a fully prepared NASCAR-spec race car, including 600+ hp. The track is a 1 mile tri-oval, so speeds are not wickedly fast... about 122 mph for us beginners. A professional can do 140-145 in the straights at this track. But with those corners at those speeds, and the grips those cars can maintain, it felt like I was going twice as fast! It gives me new respect for race car drivers, and anyone who says they aren't athlethes has never tried it.

If any of you have the opportunity to try it or another program like it, I highly reccomend it, you won't soon forget it! I'll try to post some pics when I get time to get them online.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

That's awesome. I've always wanted to try something like that. They have something like that by me at Limerock Raceway. Skip Barber Racing School runs it. I've always wanted to do it.

Glad to hear it was a fun trip. Welcome back.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
      ...... It gives me new respect for race car drivers, and anyone who says they aren't athlethes has never tried it.
      Danika went 227 at Indy in her IRL car. She is 23 y/o weighs 100 lbs & cute. I guess she is an athelete too.

Comment

My Dad and I went to the exact same one near disney 4-5 years ago. He actually won the trip at a Denver chevy dealer. All expenses paid for 4 days/3nights plus the Petty Experience.

Driving them is awesome and they really sound nice too!

It's a little pricey and I may have never done it if he didn't win. I would definately recommend it it if you can afford it.

Super cool of your wife mon!

Sean
        1994 Z28, 6 spd, LE2 Heads, GM 1.6 RR, .026" head gasket, SLP: CAI-Headers (CARB legal)-ypipe-2 on the left-lightweight flywheel-short throw, Random tech cat, CF dual friction, LT-4 KM.

Comment

i was afraid to open this....thought maybe you cross-dressed r summin.....

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
          X