Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFB - Finally getting my crotch rocket... im pumped!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB - Finally getting my crotch rocket... im pumped!!

Didn't think my credit union would give me more money. I have my camaro from them, and a small credit card. Tried going through dealers, but the best i could get was 23% interest. NO THANKS! I'd never get rid of that heap.

Went in today just to try. She said my credit is good, 770, and I have never missed a beat on any payments to them, and I always pay over on my payments. Basically she said I have it and she'll call me tomorrow to confirm. I'm hoping it doesn't fall through. I was eligible for the lowest rate too, which was under 5%!!!

I'm in MI and looking for a 01-?? Yamaha R6!! Preferable blue/white, but I wouldn't mind silver/black, blue/black. Not too into red. I have put a couple offers in already. Those things are hard to find! I found a nice '03.

If anybody knows of any around here... Lemme know.

She better not burst my bubble tomorrow. She said she thinks I have a great chance, and she doesn't see why I wouldn't be able to get it.

Wish me luck
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

My brother had an '01 Honda F3 with some gear and head work to it. He tought me how to ride it and it was a lot of fun, but I'd probably kill my self in a year if I had one.
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

You probably have your heart set on a Yamaha, and that's fine, but a Honda requires less maintenance. Anybody who tells you different has lost their mind. I've had my cbr1100xx for 5 years and 33k miles and the only non-maintenance item I've had to buy for it was a rear brake switch that was a total of $12. The Yamaha's have a clunky transmission and are harder to work on (I've had one, and I've also heard it from several others that have owned them). They also have a high seat-to-ground measurement and the peg heighth is high as well (for tall people, that means your knees are in your chest). BUT, the R6 and R1 are probably the most aesthetically pleasing bikes on the street and have sick power. So it's up to you, fine bike that's fast but hard to work on and uncomfortable, or a nice bike that's not quite as fast but easier to work on and comfortable. I went with the latter and put nitrous on it to get the best of both worlds
      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

What kind of shady-@$$ dealer gives someone with a 770 credit score a 23% interest rate?????

No offense, but are you sure you have a 770? That's really high, and pretty unusual for someone our age. Normally you don't get up there until you've had 3 or 4 different mortgages and have about a 20 year history of perfect credit...
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
          ...I went with the latter and put nitrous on it to get the best of both worlds
          When I insured my GSXR this year my insurance company quit insuring bikes, so they set me up with Progressive. The lady at progressive asked me right away if it had nitrous or a turbo. I was surprized she asked that - they are getting wise about mods. Fortunately/unfortunately, mine is stock, so I'll have to settle for power wheelies in second gear at 100 mph

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
            What kind of shady-@$$ dealer gives someone with a 770 credit score a 23% interest rate?????

No offense, but are you sure you have a 770? That's really high, and pretty unusual for someone our age. Normally you don't get up there until you've had 3 or 4 different mortgages and have about a 20 year history of perfect credit...
            That's what she showed me on the screen. Maybe it was 730? There was no mistake. When I went to the dealer, my credit was still screwed from my dad. I've talked about it in past posts. We have the same name, yada yada. My credit score at that time was about 500 or 550 or something. I couldn't get jack. Went to freecreditreport.com, got my credit squared away, got the negative items off and that's it. The fact that you asked if I'm sure makes me think you don't believe what I said. It would not bring me any pleasure to say something that wasn't true. Especially about a credit score. Ya know?

I do like the honda. It's a sick looking bike. I just like the yamaha better. I'll probably still go with it. I'm mechanically inclined, I think I can handle it. The bike im looking at is under warranty too I think. It only has 1900 miles on it. We'll see.
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Hey Kevin, you might want to look at State Farm. They charge by the cc's, not by the style of bike like everybody else. I pay about $40 a month for FULL COVERAGE on my 1100cc bike. Allstate, Geico, and Progressive were all 6-7k a year (that is not a type, 6,000-7,000 dollars!). Alfa won't even insure a sportbike.
              "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Working...
              X