Scanmaster for the LT1?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scanmaster for the LT1?

What are your thoughts on the Scanmaster for the LT1 motor? I was contemplating the purchase. Is it necassary, worth the money? What are your thoughts? How about the best price?

Thanks fellas!
    Attached Files

Read through my online ScanMaster guide and decide for yourself. If there was anything that helped my understand these cars, and how they are controlled, it was watching the ScanMaster. Even though I no longer use the stock PCM to control anything other than the speedometer and the idle air control, I still have parallel inputs from all the sensors to the PCM so that I can monitor engine conditions real time, with a bright LED display on my steering column.

http://members.aol.com/InjuneerZZ/ScanMast.htm
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

what is it?? Is it software you load onto a laptop or is it a standalone unit???
      97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
      In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

Its the small black box (standalone unit) with the red plastic face, sitting on my steering column. Allows continuous real time readout of about 20 engine sensors and parameters, including:

-MPH
        -RPM
        -Coolant temp
        -Inlet air temp
        -Barometric pressure
        -Manifold absolute pressure
        -TPS sensor volts
        -Throttle position %
        -Idle air counts
        -Mass air flow
        -Fuel correction "cell"
        -Left/Right O2 sensor millivolts
        -Left/Right injector pulse widths
        -L/R long term fuel corrections (BLM's)
        -L/R short term fuel corrections (INT's)
        -Spark advance
        -Spark knock retard
        -EGR duty cycle
        -EEC purge duty cycle
        -A/C pressure
        -Trouble codes (will only read 94/95 OBD-I codes, not 96/97 OBD-II)

During a WOT pass, it will record the maximum knock retard level, the minimum O2 sensor mV's and the speed at which each occured.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

thank you Fred ...

Nice looking cockpit ..great placement for all the items you added
          97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
          In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

Working...
          X