Help!! me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!! me

well guys . Since the transmission was put in this weekend it has ran fine untill today .

I was driving up the rode , dropped my lil bro off at school and went to get gas befor i went to work .We'll for the past 2 days i put 93 octane in to see how my car would perform . Then today i put 87 in it back to normal. We'll i drove about a mile and notice that it was losing power. I stepped on it and nothing happened it would not go faster or anything . Sound like it bogged down alot. So i pulled over and check under the hood out. I saw where the thermosate housing was that it was leaking and it leaked on the spark plug pack not to much . Would this cause the problem ? And also there is a loud screecccccchhhhhhhhh sound coming from under the hood. And a slight tap. I check the push rods and lifters and it looks to be tight . Any ideas ? This is startin to be a real pain thanks lata

If you had a coolant leak it could have destroyed the optispark distributor. That would cause a loss of power. The squealing sound could of been the belt slipping after it got wet with antifreeze.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

........ what kind of car is it?

Whatever it is.....let it dry out before you drive it again.
      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
        If you had a coolant leak it could have destroyed the optispark distributor. That would cause a loss of power. The squealing sound could of been the belt slipping after it got wet with antifreeze.
        Tracez is absolutely right. When my water pump went it did the same thing. What sucked for me was I was 10 miles from home when it finally opened up
        1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

hummm

we'll lets see it is a 94 z 28 lt1 .

The thing is I heard with the opti spark that it would not start at all . It will fire up , just run real rough and if i try to get on it it goes to like 2,600-3k and sputters out like it wants to die. I checked all the vacs and connection to the tb and intake. The squilin sounds like it is from the back of the engine , i replaced the belt . It sounds really wierd. I am going to go try to change the fuel filter and try to see what else this can cause it to be . I thank you and any more input please do so ...

Comment

Originally posted by CamaromanZ28
            we'll lets see it is a 94 z 28 lt1 .

The thing is I heard with the opti spark that it would not start at all . It will fire up , just run real rough and if i try to get on it it goes to like 2,600-3k and sputters out like it wants to die. I checked all the vacs and connection to the tb and intake. The squilin sounds like it is from the back of the engine , i replaced the belt . It sounds really wierd. I am going to go try to change the fuel filter and try to see what else this can cause it to be . I thank you and any more input please do so ...

No, a bad opti will not necessarily make it not run at all.......spitting and sputtering is classic opti symptoms. If the water pump housing leaked all over the opti, theres a good chance thats it.....it doesnt take much with these things.
            96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
            11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Classic signs of a wet ignition. Be sure you don't try to run it this way. Excess fuel ends up in the exhaust and when it is re-lit by a fuctioning cylinder, the cats overheat and go bye-bye.

Comment

Working...
              X