code checking 94 Z

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• code checking 94 Z

I just got back from Checker Auto in Madison. The Manager of the store shorted 2 terminals in the ALDL and counted the SES flashes. I was told here earlier this could not be done. I tried it myself after getting home and it wont work for me. I'm confused. I'm going to call the guy that did it and ask exactly what he did.

Tracy

correction... It does work. Short out the top two rightmost terminals with the engine running. The SES will flash quickly for about 30 seconds, then start flashing codes. Now I just need to figure out how to decifer the code flashes. The dont seem to make sence.. It's like 3 flashes, then 1 then 2 then 3 again.. Not reallk making alot of sence yet.

Tracy

Comment

Can't be done with the LT1 f-body after 1993. The computers changed between 1993 and 1994. Also, you do not read codes with the engine running. What you are seeing are flashes that indicate other status conditions of the pcm (open or closed loop) or rich/lean indications if it is in closed loop.
      If it were to work (key ON and engine not running), it would flash a code 12 (flash, pause, flash flash) three times and then flash any stored codes. If there were no codes present, it would continue to flash the code 12.

What did the guy at AZ tell you what the codes were (I doubt that he told you, since it cannot be done)?
      Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Working...
      X